Sign in to follow this  
Jwhite

70 Radio Question

Am considering replacing my stock AM radio with an aftermarket radio.

I have found the Custom Audiosound radios and they look good.

I am also thinking of adding door speakers rather than kick panel speakers and stay away from rear speakers....any opinions??

Are there any other radio systems out there for the mustang?

What have you guys installed in your mustangs?

Thanks,

Johnny

I had an old Custom Autosound radio in my car when I bought it but the cassette deck didn't work (not that I cared).

I replaced it with an original Bendix AM/FM radio out of a 73 Mustang and changed the knobs out to 69/70 knobs. It looks almost identical to the 69/70 radio but cheaper to buy. As a bonus, it picks up stations better too.

AM-FM_Radio.jpg

Edited by Thunder Kiss
Added photo.

I have decided to go with the standard Ford AMFM radio. I can interface my MP3 into it with a FM convertor. Cassettes are ancient, and CD's are also amost ancient. The sound with an old radio is fine, and I have found that all those cute features on new digital radios are not all that necessary. You can find old Ford Radios all over on ebay for under $100. Buy from a reputable source with a high score and you should not have any problem.

Besides all that, you keep the original look!

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to thank Thunder Kiss for the radio advice. I didn't want to spend $120-$150 on an original 1969 AM/FM so I was prepared to use a perfectly good 1980's Pioneer AM/FM/Cassette deck I own to replace my AM radio. However, I was able to snag a Bendix like the one in your picture for $65 so now I can go with an authentic look instead of the digital display of the Pioneer.

Anyone using the kick panel speakers they sell nowadays?