Sign in to follow this  
Rodman

70 fastback

Here is my car, its been 4.5 years. I've been getting great info from this site and thought I would say hello. It's not going together very fast. I've been jumping around on the car. Been waiting on parts. So far, the Baer brake conversion, e-brake, suspension, rack and pinion & steering column are almost done.

I was lucky to have a friend that helped me with the metal work. My job was to drill all the spot welds, remove and install the panel with the best of my ability & then he would come over and do the final fitment.

Replacing the frame rail was an interesting task. The car was hit hard in the right rear.

looking great! what rear suspension setup do you have? interesting..

From looking at it, he appears to have flex-a-form fiberglass springs w/ a 1" lowering block and a Fays Watts link. But I'm sure he will chime in and comfirm or correct my observation.

You are right except the springs are 4 leaf boss 302 springs.

Stangme 428, I also built a clevor 347 with edlebrock heads

WOW!! looks great - nice serpentine setup :punk: whos serpentine kit did you order to fit the C heads on W block?

Edited by stangme428
wow - too much beer -whose..spel

sweet ride!!!! i was seriously considering going with the fays 2 watts on my 69 cougar and then TCP came with the G-Bar to fit the cougars so i'm gonna go with that instead, that is if i ever get my mustang sold so i can start in on the cougar.

The pulley system is billet specialities tru track system. The pulley brackets & accessories bolt to the timing cover.

Today I finished up bending the last three stainless steel brake lines, installed door weather strips, power window regulators and aftermarket glass. The glass did not fit well at all. spent about 3 hours trying to get it to fit only to find out it must be the wrong glass. Finally put the old glass in and it fits fine.

My friend made me some grill pieces , he wants to direct the air to the brakes.

The big plan for the car was to install tcp front coil overs and g-bar but I decided to put the money in the engine.

Edited by Rodman

The big plan for the car was to install tcp front coil overs and g-bar but I decided to put the money in the engine.

lol ... sounds familiar .. i went over budget on my engine :biggrin: i dont think ill regret it one bit:tongue_smilie:

brake cooling is a good thing in an open track racer, which it looks like you plan on doing a lot of with this car.

the cougar is going to have the G-Bar and a custom Opentracker Racing Products coilover front with roller upper and lower A-Arms and TCP rack. i have the rack already and i've got to sell the stang to be able to get the rest of the money i need to get started on the cougar.

xsuperjoex thanks . Just check out your car looks great. I been working on the power window regulators from nu-relics they seem to work very well. I had a problem with the aftermarket door glass but after 3 weeks they sent out the right glass. The car is at my friend house were in the process of modifying the bumpers . the rear bumper was cut in half to tuck it close to the body. I will get pictures this week.

Been getting a couple of things done. Lokar e-brakes cables modified - seems to work very well with the factory e-brake pedal. Tail lamp bezel paint -gas tank modified for intake fuel pump - cut the rear bumper up and tucked it close to the body, removed 2 inchs in the center of the bumper

Installed Ford powertrain headers from Stan. The passagenger side went right in, lots of room, the drivers side I had to remove the steering shaft from the rack and pinion to install the header. Also looks like the header will have to be dimpled a little to clear the steering shaft.

Finished up the mock-up of the front bumper, pulled the bumper back 1 inch. Modified the brackets for the bumper and the parking light housings.

Thanks every one for the positive response. The taillight panel and the hood is the same paint, no texture. I don't know if you can notice, but the tail lamp bezels I painted with kylon 1613 and it does not match the taillight panel. For now it will stay that way.