Sign in to follow this  
countryboy45683

Boss 9 Hood Scoop

I mounted mine so that the studs on the hood scoop lined up with the access holes (as close as possible) in the ribbing on the cowl edge of the hood. The rest went were they went.I will try to get some pics today.

It took me most of an afternoon to fit the scoop to the hood, with a disk in a angle die grinder, file and sand paper.

John

Same, I would like to buy a boss 9 hood scoop (Repo) and then install it on my '69.

Does anyone make a repo scoop that has the flapper included?

Can anyone suggest where to buy one and if a template exists for the mounting holes?:helpsmilie:

Same, I would like to buy a boss 9 hood scoop (Repo) and then install it on my '69.

Does anyone make a repo scoop that has the flapper included?

Can anyone suggest where to buy one and if a template exists for the mounting holes?:helpsmilie:

wow that setup looks nice... wouldnt mind installing that on my coupe..:tongue_smilie:

I just bought a perfect reproduction hood scoop for right at a grand from Greers Ferry Mustang it has a perfect gel coat and it looks identical to the photos in Jonnybee's message. The finish is a bit cleaner than the original boss 9 hood scoops.

a grand? wow, my build is a shoestring budget compared to these, lol. My scoop came off a $150 parts car and the hood from a lot of parts I got for $300.

This Boss 9 functional scoop looks cool though!

Edited by Fordrevhead

If you look at the back edge of the hood from underneath, you can see where there are 3 access holes in the hood framework. By lining lining up the 3 rear studs on the scoop by where those access holes are, you should be able determine where to drill the holes in your hood. That's how I did it when I put scoops on both of my 70's.

Edited by maxum96

I did the CJ scoops. After further review, it looks like I was wrong about the Boss scoops using the same rear mounting location. I'll try to pull my foot out of my mouth and go sit in the corner!:whistling:

Edited by maxum96