Sign in to follow this  
TheMenace

My 69 Fastback Restomod progress

i just looked it up...RHS heads arent GT40. maybe the guy said GT40 style heads? i asked them on the phone why the headers werent fitting and they said something like that. kinda wish i had worked stock heads bc the headers i have to buy to fit cost 450 more than the ones i originally bought.

Actually, I am quite impressed with the work so far. I have been to this link several times for pics of the seats and looking at engine compartment. I am waiting for posting more pics. :tongue_smilie:

You mentioned the engine was dynoed at 428HP. What did you have done? What's the latest with your progress?

were did you get the foam for the seats

thanks. i changed up the wiring a little more. i moved the coil from the shock tower and mounted it on the intake. it sits on the intake as if it was laying down flat. i will take a pic as soon as i get back out there. almost ready to buy the shaker assembly and then the engine is finally 100% done. looking forward to that moment for years

TheMenace, don't know if you noticed on mine but I flipped my MSD box upside down so the REV limiter was on top. I actually pulled all the stickers off the box and flipped them so they were right side up.

Flipping it also prevented the wires from having to go back underneath the MSD box like yours.

I'm looking to source a Torker II, intake everyone tells me that the RPM that we have has poor flow...I can see it at 5000 RPM on my dyno chart.

Also, how does your exhaust exit? Mine dumps straight down right after the mufflers.

xuperjoex - thanks. we have the same intake, exhaust, coil and ignition box. i guess great minds think a like huh?

kllerbee - thanks like to keep my bling bling shinny

Don't forget...both of our blocks are painted silver! LOL

TheMenace, don't know if you noticed on mine but I flipped my MSD box upside down so the REV limiter was on top. I actually pulled all the stickers off the box and flipped them so they were right side up.

Flipping it also prevented the wires from having to go back underneath the MSD box like yours.

I'm looking to source a Torker II, intake everyone tells me that the RPM that we have has poor flow...I can see it at 5000 RPM on my dyno chart.

Also, how does your exhaust exit? Mine dumps straight down right after the mufflers.

did not notice the MSD trick till you pointed it out. great touch, wish i thought of that before i did mine. maybe if i have free time and patience one nite i will do the same thing as yours.

i have a dyno sheet for my block with the RPM on it but the sheet is all numbers. i am going to see if i can convert it to a lined graphed like the one you have on your page. i scanned it and i will post the numberic one for now and try to convert it later. looking at it my torque drops from 5000-6000 RPMS but my horse power goes up. strange....

my exhaust goes all the way to the rear valance. i have the tubing that goes over the rear axle and comes out to a downward dump chrome tip. i have the full Magnaflow exhaust installed.