Sign in to follow this  
wantahertzdonut

Is Anyone Else On Backorder With JMC Motorsports?

I ordered a hydraulic clutch kit back in January from JMC Motorsports and have yet to receive it. I've been calling and calling only to get more and more excuses as to why they haven't shipped (they blame their machine shop) but I would think that after nearly 8 months they would get a new supplier. I asked for the phone number of their supplier but they refused to give me any contact info.

From this thread bnickel mentioned their supplier is or is going out of business. Can anyone verify this?

I've called to cancel the order but they refuse to refund my money. They claim it to be a "custom order" yet the kit is a regular item number, and no mention is made on the website about not giving refunds.

Had I not started calling back in April, I would have never found out my kit was on backorder even. I ordered and that was the last voluntary correspondance from them.

I called this past Friday (8/15/08) and was not only did they hang up on me, they basically told me I'm SOL and I'd have to keep waiting. The sales guy's (Kevin) boss is apparently the CEO (John) and John "does not take customer calls". All I can get is an email address, and he'll decide if he wants to answer me or not. I'm about to file a claim with the BBB and my credit card company for non-delivery.

Is anyone else in the same boat with these guys?

I ordered a hydraulic clutch kit back in January from JMC Motorsports and have yet to receive it. I've been calling and calling only to get more and more excuses as to why they haven't shipped (they blame their machine shop) but I would think that after nearly 8 months they would get a new supplier. I asked for the phone number of their supplier but they refused to give me any contact info.

From this thread bnickel mentioned their supplier is or is going out of business. Can anyone verify this?

I've called to cancel the order but they refuse to refund my money. They claim it to be a "custom order" yet the kit is a regular item number, and no mention is made on the website about not giving refunds.

Had I not started calling back in April, I would have never found out my kit was on backorder even. I ordered and that was the last voluntary correspondance from them.

I called this past Friday (8/15/08) and was not only did they hang up on me, they basically told me I'm SOL and I'd have to keep waiting. The sales guy's (Kevin) boss is apparently the CEO (John) and John "does not take customer calls". All I can get is an email address, and he'll decide if he wants to answer me or not. I'm about to file a claim with the BBB and my credit card company for non-delivery.

Is anyone else in the same boat with these guys?

Never been there, I'm a CJspony guy. They are real good on back orders.

I love the BBB! Its like PayPal disputes, it puts a grip where it hurts them!

Once you file a claim, you are the only one who can remove it!

Aren't you tired of making the calls and dealing with excuses? I'd go for the throat.

Never been there, I'm a CJspony guy. They are real good on back orders.

I love the BBB! Its like PayPal disputes, it puts a grip where it hurts them!

Once you file a claim, you are the only one who can remove it!

Aren't you tired of making the calls and dealing with excuses? I'd go for the throat.

I just finished filing a complaint with the BBB. We'll see what happens.

I'm contacting my bank tomorrow to see if I can withdraw the payment. It's been over 7 months so I hope I'm not too late, but we'll see.

On another note, I'm looking at buying a car in San Diego, if I do it I know I'll be making a side trip on my way home.

I just finished filing a complaint with the BBB. We'll see what happens.

I'm contacting my bank tomorrow to see if I can withdraw the payment. It's been over 7 months so I hope I'm not too late, but we'll see.

On another note, I'm looking at buying a car in San Diego, if I do it I know I'll be making a side trip on my way home.

keep us upated on what happens. i don't care who they are or why they are saying they own't refund your money if you ordered the part from them and they haven't delivered the part to you THEY ARE responsible for refunding your money. if the BBB and your CC company resolve it try filing a case with the police and/or the FBI especially if you ordered it from the internet for internet fraud. give them a chance to refund your money before you file it but let check with the authorities to see if you can before you call JMC and if you can then call JMC and tell them you are going to file it if they don't refund your money, if they still refuse then call the cops on 'em

keep us upated on what happens. i don't care who they are or why they are saying they own't refund your money if you ordered the part from them and they haven't delivered the part to you THEY ARE responsible for refunding your money. if the BBB and your CC company resolve it try filing a case with the police and/or the FBI especially if you ordered it from the internet for internet fraud. give them a chance to refund your money before you file it but let check with the authorities to see if you can before you call JMC and if you can then call JMC and tell them you are going to file it if they don't refund your money, if they still refuse then call the cops on 'em

I also have a dog in this fight.

I am working on resolving this with my cc company. I will be calling the BBB. When this is resolved i will add more, just want to show that this is not an isolated case and that wantahertzdonut had a similar customer service experience as i.

I also have a dog in this fight.

I am working on resolving this with my cc company. I will be calling the BBB. When this is resolved i will add more, just want to show that this is not an isolated case and that wantahertzdonut had a similar customer service experience as i.

Yeah it seems that the supplier "CNC" in San Diego is apparently out of business. Got one of the last dual master cylinders from them via NPD. Dont know if the products will be continued by someone else?

Hmmm... That's cold comfort! That leaves me asking 'WHY' they went belly up and 'WHERE' are we going to get parts for our dual master cylinders later?:001_huh:

Yeah it seems that the supplier "CNC" in San Diego is apparently out of business. Got one of the last dual master cylinders from them via NPD. Dont know if the products will be continued by someone else?

Hmmm... That's cold comfort! That leaves me asking 'WHY' they went belly up and 'WHERE' are we going to get parts for our dual master cylinders later?:001_huh:

I had asked for contact info from JMC for their "machine shop". They would not supply me with any. However I will contact CNCBrakes and see if they are the supplier.

I also just received notice from the BBB that JMC has been issued the complaint. I'll be interested to see what happens now.

I had asked for contact info from JMC for their "machine shop". They would not supply me with any. However I will contact CNCBrakes and see if they are the supplier.

I also just received notice from the BBB that JMC has been issued the complaint. I'll be interested to see what happens now.

Good for you! I'll bet if you email John now and let him know the complaint will not be removed until you hear from personally and get satisfaction that their tone will suddenly change, in fact I'd demand lost of 8 months interest as well for tying up your cash like that, unless it truly is a custom order they usually have no right charging you before they complete the order anyway. I'll never understand why a well known company wouldn't want to make good by a customer even at a loss with all the tools to fight back these days.

Good for you! I'll bet if you email John now and let him know the complaint will not be removed until you hear from personally and get satisfaction that their tone will suddenly change, in fact I'd demand lost of 8 months interest as well for tying up your cash like that, unless it truly is a custom order they usually have no right charging you before they complete the order anyway. I'll never understand why a well known company wouldn't want to make good by a customer even at a loss with all the tools to fight back these days.

I've been backordered since February also. I ordered the kit through Mustangs Unlimited, but I've been calling JMC every month since April. Once they said the shipment of slaves and masters would be in at the end of the week...... That was in June! I gave up and went to Forte's Parts Connection in Massachusetts to get a 7/8" CNC push slave and a 3/4" CNC Master. He seemed to have quite a few of them. I'm having someone fabricate brackets and the firewall reinforce plate (it needs to be on a slight angle to line up with the pedal). Talk to Mike Forte. He might be able to help you. www.fortesparts.com

Good luck,

Tom

OK, I was under the impression that it was indeed CNC Inc. of SD that was out of business? That the website is still up means nothing.

Rustang, whats the worst you're going to need? O-rings? I bought the dual MC anyways:

http://www.cncbrakes.com/mc.asp?grp=mc&subgrp=dcsb&series=718&subseries=

I had a look on the site and I like the clutch master cylinders on there. I only ever delt with JMC so i didn't even know this site existed. :blink: