Sign in to follow this  
gsxrken

My car in July's Popular Hot Rodding

A friend pointed out to me that my car ran in this month's PHR in the Hometown Hot Rodding section, page 30.

Pretty cool to see it in a magazine. They had seen my car at an HPDE at Pocono Raceway and had asked me for any pics and a brief bio. I didn't know when it was going to appear in the magazine, or if ever. I had some shots from different times of the car, and they ran both... before and after of my rims, stripes, brakes. Even the engine shot was from when I first started it after the redoing it. The shocks aren't in and the export brace is floating. :)

I also won some Mothers wax stuff, which is funny b/c I have only quickly waxed it once in 5 years. I usually hit it with the California duster and I'm on the road.

i hope Jerry Heasley actually makes it to the big Mustang show here this year, maybe my car will actually make it into one of the mustang magazines this year. he was supposed to be at the one last year that got rained on and my car didn't make it because of the power steering pump issue.

I saw that - nice.... PHR is mostly a Bowtie mag but it's all about Pro-tour so I bought a subscription. If you have a Pro-tour type ride and want to get into the mag, joing Pro-touring.com. PHR has most of their writers and photographers there and they are always looking for rides to spotlight.

I have the mag Ken if you want me to scan it and post....

Coz you getting a commission from Primedia? :detective:

I usually buy it when I'm stateside but never got around to subscribing. Did now:

Popular Hot Rodding

Price: $72.97

Term: 24 issues

The first issue will arrive in 8 to 12 weeks.

Don't you just love their attitude to international customers? 8 weeks to make it through their "IT-system" and then another month sailing it over with a canoe.

I have the mag Ken if you want me to scan it and post....

Thanks Coz- I'll take you up on that offer if you get a chance. That way if I ever lose the magazine in one of my wife's "sweeps", I can always get back to it here on 69stang.com!

Ken

A friend pointed out to me that my car ran in this month's PHR in the Hometown Hot Rodding section, page 30.

Pretty cool to see it in a magazine. They had seen my car at an HPDE at Pocono Raceway and had asked me for any pics and a brief bio. I didn't know when it was going to appear in the magazine, or if ever. I had some shots from different times of the car, and they ran both... before and after of my rims, stripes, brakes. Even the engine shot was from when I first started it after the redoing it. The shocks aren't in and the export brace is floating. :)

I also won some Mothers wax stuff, which is funny b/c I have only quickly waxed it once in 5 years. I usually hit it with the California duster and I'm on the road.

Just picked up the copy yesterday, nice article and great pics! Congrats!

Thanks for the congrats, and thanks Coz for posting the link. Like probably everyone here, I use to drool over these cars in magazines when I was in high school... now I'm suddenly the guy in the magazine. Well, 18 years isn't "suddenly", but you know what I mean.

I hope everyone here gets to see their own hard work and $$ in a magazine. It's not why we build them, but it's a nice milestone along the way.