Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

superduty69

Progress is being made

Well i finally feel i have enough pictures and progress to make this worth sharing. I will add to this as i get more finished up. Here is what i started with and when i got it back from getting floorpans,subframe connectors and rollbar.

Mike,

no i did not do the rear. I had the guys that did the subframe connectors,floors and the rollbar do it. They cut down a truck housing and put big bearing ends on it. All of the internals and center section are Strange parts as well as the brakes. The rollbar was made custom for the car and is cromemolly and it fits very nice.

I will post more pics as i get things finished up.

Well i got the rear of the car done,shocks on everything tight and ready to go. Only thing i need to do to the rear yet is wire fuel pump and run fuel lines. Here are a couple more pics for everyone. Now to finish wiring and interior and getting closer to installing motor and trans.

More news from the Mustang front;

I got the firewall smoothed and painted,roller bearing clutch petal support installed, and front brake lines and Line-lock installed. The aluminum flywheel, clutch, Lakewood bellhousing and indexing will be done this week. The 4-speed is re-built and ready. Things are moving along and i will have some pics later this week.

Well a milestone of sorts was reached last nite,we got the motor and trans installed.:biggrin: It is not in for good but just a test fit to get the fuel lines done and the wiring and so i could measure for the driveshaft. There is a measure of satisfaction that came with this and it does feel good!

Hello all, been a little slow going on the car. I need an air conditioner in the garage. I got the fuel lines ran, and working on the shifter and seat mounting. I picked up another lower dash,non a/c that just needs painted and put in. Also got a set of adjustable strut rods to put on. And some other things,Carlisle was good to me this year.:biggrin:

John - any chance it will be ready by July 19th? Thats the Westminster Farm Museum show we went to last year. Hopefully, we'll see it there - if not bring the Comet....

Would love to see ours sitting side by side. It's coming along very nicely...

Bring the Comet and title and another car to go home in. I'll bring cash.... Always liked that little car.

John,

I would LOVE to have it done by the 19th but i don't see that happening. We will be there with the Comet,i just gotta call and register.

As far as the Comet goes you will have to run that past the boss. She is very fond of that car. I would find it highly unlikely she would go for that.

I am looking forward to going down there, that was a nice time, alot of neat stuff and cool all around. See ya there!

John