Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

superduty69

Got some new pics loaded.

Here are some pics of my toys.I will probably start a progress thread once i get a little further along with my 69m1. We just came along the 63 mercury comet about 2 months ago and are having a blast with it. The 66f100 and superduty are mine and the zx2 and bud light truck are my gf. Thanks for all the good info i get from this site.

Here are some pics of my toys.I will probably start a progress thread once i get a little further along with my 69m1. We just came along the 63 mercury comet about 2 months ago and are having a blast with it. The 66f100 and superduty are mine and the zx2 and bud light truck are my gf. Thanks for all the good info i get from this site.

John,

That Merc is sweet. You need to bring it and the mach1 down next year to Westminster. You should have stayed a bit longer - Never Never is a rocking Led Zep cover band. Plus clothing became a bit optional for some of the ladies with a "few" beers in them...

John,

That Merc is sweet. You need to bring it and the mach1 down next year to Westminster. You should have stayed a bit longer - Never Never is a rocking Led Zep cover band. Plus clothing became a bit optional for some of the ladies with a "few" beers in them...

The 63 Mercury almost looks like it shares its roof with an Australian 64 Falcon coupe:

EHafnerXP31.jpg

actually it does, it's basically the same car as the american falcon coupe which is basically the same car as the aussie falcon coupe. (the early years anyway) i've been trying to figure out a way to make my own 69 aussie falcon sport coupe, yes i said 69 aussie falcon coupe, i know they never made one but i want one. the plan is to use as many aussie parts as i can find and swap them to a regular american falcon coupe like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-FALCON-1969-302-CUSTOM_W0QQitemZ280149391887QQihZ018QQcategoryZ6232QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i'd put the crank style sunroof, shaker hood, GT 12 slot wheels and as much of the aussie trim as possible, even 1/4 panels (modified of course) headlights, taillights, etc. whatever it takes. i'd also love to have an XA or XB coupe as well, preferably and XB-GT and a Ute.

The 63 Mercury almost looks like it shares its roof with an Australian 64 Falcon coupe:

EHafnerXP31.jpg

actually it does, it's basically the same car as the american falcon coupe which is basically the same car as the aussie falcon coupe. (the early years anyway) i've been trying to figure out a way to make my own 69 aussie falcon sport coupe, yes i said 69 aussie falcon coupe, i know they never made one but i want one. the plan is to use as many aussie parts as i can find and swap them to a regular american falcon coupe like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-FALCON-1969-302-CUSTOM_W0QQitemZ280149391887QQihZ018QQcategoryZ6232QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i'd put the crank style sunroof, shaker hood, GT 12 slot wheels and as much of the aussie trim as possible, even 1/4 panels (modified of course) headlights, taillights, etc. whatever it takes. i'd also love to have an XA or XB coupe as well, preferably and XB-GT and a Ute.

superduty, the Mach looks sweet and i like the Merc as well. i've always had a soft spot for the mid 60's F-series trucks too, i'd really like to find a 66 Ranger short wide bed to restore one day along with the Aussie cars previously mentioned and a 68-69 ranchero and a 67-72 F-series bumpside short wide as well. if i'm really lucky i may get one more light resto project along with/after the 69 cougar i've got lined up next.

superduty, the Mach looks sweet and i like the Merc as well. i've always had a soft spot for the mid 60's F-series trucks too, i'd really like to find a 66 Ranger short wide bed to restore one day along with the Aussie cars previously mentioned and a 68-69 ranchero and a 67-72 F-series bumpside short wide as well. if i'm really lucky i may get one more light resto project along with/after the 69 cougar i've got lined up next.

coz, yea i would have liked to stayed a little longer, i heard they are really good.But on the way home from there is when i found the comet. We will be down there again next year that was a cool time. Hopefully the stang WILL be done. I just got a flyer for a show in westmonster at the pleasant valley fire department on sat. october 13. Are you gonna go? I am thinking about it. See ya out and about john

coz, yea i would have liked to stayed a little longer, i heard they are really good.But on the way home from there is when i found the comet. We will be down there again next year that was a cool time. Hopefully the stang WILL be done. I just got a flyer for a show in westmonster at the pleasant valley fire department on sat. october 13. Are you gonna go? I am thinking about it. See ya out and about john

Thanks for the response guys! Thunder kiss i had no idea that some aussie stuff was that simmilar.I know little about the older fords down under. Bnickel, the f-100 is the parts getter for now.It was redone once already some time back and is getting in need of it again.I have a 460 and a c-6 and some other ideas once the stang is done. Thanks again for the great site guys. john

Thanks for the response guys! Thunder kiss i had no idea that some aussie stuff was that simmilar.I know little about the older fords down under. Bnickel, the f-100 is the parts getter for now.It was redone once already some time back and is getting in need of it again.I have a 460 and a c-6 and some other ideas once the stang is done. Thanks again for the great site guys. john

If you want to go shaker hood, then it would be the 1971 XY Falcon GT you'd want to base the coupe on. The '71 Falcon GT had a lot of '69 Mustang "DNA" in it - shaker, pedestal rear spoiler, even the interior door handles are the same. The GT side stripes look like Mach 1 stripes but they say "351 GT"

front-300_002.jpg

A lot of the cars you mentioned you would like are starting to get expensive. A decent XA, XB, or XC coupe now sells for US$15k+. An XY GT (like in the photo) is over $100k. A HO version (only 300-400 made) of the XY GT recently sold for over half a million.

If you want to go shaker hood, then it would be the 1971 XY Falcon GT you'd want to base the coupe on. The '71 Falcon GT had a lot of '69 Mustang "DNA" in it - shaker, pedestal rear spoiler, even the interior door handles are the same. The GT side stripes look like Mach 1 stripes but they say "351 GT"

front-300_002.jpg

A lot of the cars you mentioned you would like are starting to get expensive. A decent XA, XB, or XC coupe now sells for US$15k+. An XY GT (like in the photo) is over $100k. A HO version (only 300-400 made) of the XY GT recently sold for over half a million.

yep, that's the one. so it's a 71 then, i'm all mixed up when it comes to y'alls falcons. yes, the XB is one of my dream cars or that made up 2 door version of the XY.

wait a minute, i remember now, i said 69 because i'd use a 69 2 door american falcon which is the closest thing we have to that body style, in 70 (actually 70 1/2) Ford changed the body style of the falcon to the bigger 70 torino style.

this one is a wagon but all 70 1/2 falcons are this body style

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-1-2-Ford-Falcon-Station-Wagon-Rare-NR_W0QQitemZ220147384169QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6232QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem