Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wantahertzdonut

Does Anyone Make Fiberglass Air Dams/Front Valances

As stated, I'm interested in getting a fiberglass front valance with an integrated air dam for my car, preferrably something with more of a flat appearance versus the standard slanted spoiler that is usually on our cars. I know everyone with a Mustang made from 65-68 can get all sorts of stuff, but I'm curious if we have any options.

If you know of any links, or even pictures of cars with something installed (for inspiration) I'd like to see it.

I'm going to order a hood next week from unlimitedproducts.com. I'm sure they have something like that but it think you mean like the 67-68 valance with the spoiler molded in? I was thinking about making a custom front valance like the R front for 67-68 but i don't know where to put the turn signals? I'll come up with something different since i already got the body kit..

Hey bro the 1969 Mustang year is at a disadvantage, there is nothing out there for our body style that bolts up. Have you ever seen the "XXX State of the Union" movie the 1969 Mustang Fastback, the front valance on that car is alright...it might even be something that you are looking for??? Check the pictures out...believe me when I tell you I have searched all over the internet for any company that makes repo parts for that movie car and I came out with nothing. Let me know what you think of that movie car.

later

Check this out:

"69-70 Gravel Shield

with Molded Spoiler 1969-70 functional bolt-on modification, adds street styling without sacrificing the original look.

Part No. 69GSM"

You have to go to http://www.maierracing.com/ and look for it, it's hard to link directly into their site. I'm thinking of this one myself, but I'm not sure, and not sure if I would paint the spoiler part black or keep it all one color. Probably paint it black like the original or integrate it some other way.

As stated, I'm interested in getting a fiberglass front valance with an integrated air dam for my car, preferrably something with more of a flat appearance versus the standard slanted spoiler that is usually on our cars. I know everyone with a Mustang made from 65-68 can get all sorts of stuff, but I'm curious if we have any options.

If you know of any links, or even pictures of cars with something installed (for inspiration) I'd like to see it.

Yeah i know... i saw that XXX car in person and it doesn't look right. I know i can make one better. It was recently sold on ebay too. I like the air suspension they had in it but like i said im going to make something that flows with the front of the car and the style. My body kit is going to give my car different lines and is not too much. The front of my car im going to use the spoiler but im going to modify the front valance to give it a different look.

Mustangs Plus still has one but it's a stock looking piece, same as the Maier Racing one. They are nice and one piece however, but I'm not going for a stock look.

I haven't seen XXX2 but I have seen a picture with a little bit of the car in it, it looks like whatever they put on that car makes it look like it has a "fat lip" on the front. It just wasn't done right.

Basically I'd like to have the front valance as it is but then have the spoiler be more vertical, I guess it would be called an air dam more than a spoiler, but then flow into the fender and wheel well, then go straight up to follow the contour of the wheel well. It would probably be a little "body kittesh" but not obnoxious. But from the looks of things I may have to get ready to make some molds and buy some fiberglass sheets and resin. Maybe when I'm really ready to do stuff on the car something will be made available.

IIRC, there were two "stock" spoilers available, one on '69, one on '70. I could be way off on this. I think the '69 was shorter and more contoured to the valence, the '70 was longer and flatter.

The Maier one juts out even farther than the '70 - I've actually visited Maier. But it's not vertical, air-dam style, like you're thinking of.

I think if anyone produced something more like an air dam, it would be Mustangs Plus, or they would stock it at least.

I'm already feeling like I'll need a custom fiberglass trunk spoiler and caps to get a GT/CS/Eleanor style ducktail spoiler . . .

Something along those lines would definitely be cool. I'm not necessarilly after eliminating the front bumper, but something that flowed into the air dam would be neat. Do you have any sketches of the kit you plan on making?

I'll check out CJ too.

Yeah, i really want to keep the chome in the front but just modify the lower front valance. My body kit is already made (side skirts and rear extensions) the only thing missing is the front but that's all in my head and every weekend i come up with new ideas. When it's done and installed i'll post pics of what it looks like. I want my car to have the classic car look with an updated look but not taking front the classic mustang look. I don't like or will ever own a rice rocket and i don't intend on making my car look like one...

Well I hate to bring up an old topic I started but I was hoping to find a spoiler like this:

2745306257_c3fbf54b17.jpg?v=0

for our cars? If so let me know.

I have checked out the Maier and the Mustangs Plus kits and may go with one of those as I'm looking to sell my car (to buy an NSX) and my valance is pretty beat up. I figured I'd ask one more time before I make a move.

Local car

Red69Boss302c.jpg

Mine is a little different. I started with a glass lower pan from.

http://www.up22.com/mustang67.htm#MU-104

I started adding to it for the airdam. The picture below is old as I reworked the side to the right because of warpage. I've also bought a glass front bumper and will be molding it all together. The airdam follows the front profile under the opening then turns rearward and flares out to the wheel opening.

69FrontAirdam.jpg

This was my inspiration.

PN02.jpg

The only real "custom" piece out there is the one Ring Brothers makes from their Dragon kit.

http://ringbrothers.com/body-kits/1970-mustang-dragon-front-end-kit.html

Other than that you might as well plan on making one yourself. You don't have the luxury of being picky with these cars because there aren't as many options out there as there are for earlier Mustangs. So it's a matter of picking from the limited availability or custom building it.

I took a stock front valence and flipped it over and then blended the ends into the front wheel arches. Having trouble posting pics, I did post a pic of it a long time ago maybe 3 or 4 years ago.