Vicfreg

Vintage A/C Fan Running….

Powered up my Gen IV Vintage Air system.  I am using the original factory controls with their add-on sensors.

As soon as I turn my ignition switch to the “on” position, the Vintage Air blower comes on.

I did the “calibration” process described in the Vintage Air instructions (grounding the grey wire) and it seemed to work as described.  But, it did not change the key-on, blower- on situation.

I called vintage air, and the technician asked me whether I had a two speed plus - off fan switch or three speed fan switch.

My assumption is that if the fan switch is in the up position, then the blower should not run at all?

Any suggestions, insights, lessons learned would be appreciated!

Vic

Not sure we are talking about the same thing.  But, when I installed vintage air in my Torino I had to calibrate the levers.  For the blower, first in the off position, then the full on position.  I fount the blower would turn on when I turned my car on.  I solved this by positioning the lever to slightly on, or low at the beginning of the calibration instead of all the way off.  That way, after calibration, when I positioned the lever in the complete off position it was theoretically in the negative off position.  This solved it.

2 hours ago, BobW70Mach1 said:

Not sure we are talking about the same thing.  But, when I installed vintage air in my Torino I had to calibrate the levers.  For the blower, first in the off position, then the full on position.  I fount the blower would turn on when I turned my car on.  I solved this by positioning the lever to slightly on, or low at the beginning of the calibration instead of all the way off.  That way, after calibration, when I positioned the lever in the complete off position it was theoretically in the negative off position.  This solved it.

Good idea! After calibrating per instructions, my VA ac shuts off ONLY IF you make sure the fan switch is COMPLETELY pressed off.

Well, got it going.  The advice to put it in the off position and then cycle it worked.   I started in the first fan speed position and then cycled it up and down.  When I shut the car off then turned the ignition back on...success!  The fan was not running. Funny what happens when you follow the instructions.....

29 minutes ago, Vicfreg said:

Well, got it going.  The advice to put it in the off position and then cycle it worked.   I started in the first fan speed position and then cycled it up and down.  When I shut the car off then turned the ignition back on...success!  The fan was not running. Funny what happens when you follow the instructions.....

It's called "RTFM".