moodster

Rear window bottom corners

Anybody have any problems with the bottom rear window trim corners being slightly raised?  I reinstalled my window after replacing the headliner and these bottom corners are noticeably higher than everywhere else.  

david

My moldings are original.  There are clips about 1-2 inches away from each corner but there is no clip directly in the corner...  am I missing a special clip or something that Ford used?  Picture below shows the pegs for the clips on the passenger side before I repaired the area.  I can push the molding down flush in the corner although not easily.  It is similar on my driver's side as well.

DamagePassSide.jpg

I think Ridge may be correct, the clips might have come off, also you may have slightly distorted the mouldings when you removed them and if you have a new rubber seal they can be too thick, either way you will need to remove the mouldings and see what the problem is.

I think the ends of the molding may have been bent up slightly when they were removed . You will probably have to remove them and very gently bend the ends down . . Hang the ends over a bench and carfully push down on the molding ,but dont kink it 

did you install a new window rubber?

these can also sometimes prevent the moldings from being flush in the corners because they are not made exactly the same as the originals so its possible that a new rubber might need to be trimmed a little.

Barnett and Ridge really hit the nail on the head.  I had to make both corrections - trim the seal some and massage the window moldings.  The replacement window rubber has a higher water dam in the corners.  I trimmed about an 1/8th of an inch off to make the water dam be the same as the rest of the rubber gasket.  It now hits the corners flush and I'm happy with it.  Thank you everyone for your help with this.