Sign in to follow this  
Mike65

Anyone parting out a 69 Coupe?.

I need from a 69 Coupe I believe it is called a cage nut that the L bracket at the bottom of the rear quarter window run bolts to. The cage nut actually sits in the top of the rocker panel. I am missing one. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA, Mike.

I did a Google search with the basic numbers from my Osborn body assembly book & the cage that goes in the top of the rocker panel that the bottom of the "L" bracket that attaches to the bottom of the quarter window run is #374251-S2 - 1/4-20, & the cage nut for the bottom of the rocker panel where the front bottom fender bolt goes in to is #359613-S2 - 5/16-18. Bigger cage nut & larger bolt. If I wanted to I could probably grind down the cage nut to fit in to the slot in the top of the rocker panel & use a different bolt which I might do if I can not find the right one. I did come across a tee nut at work like the one in the link & it fits the bolt. All I would have to do is bend flat one of the tabs so it would fit in the slot & weld it in place.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-4-in-20-tpi-x-5-16-in-Zinc-Plated-Tee-Nut-4-per-Pack-802301/204274194