So I had a little accident in my garage today and a could use some advice. I don't know why, but I decided to back up with my drivers door partially open to get a better view,. But for whatever reason, I was looking back facing the passenger side while reversing. As a result, I ended up hitting a concrete support column with the my drivers door. I feel so dumb, but long story short I destroyed the door (see attached pics) and need to replace it. I've looked at Cjponyparts, mustangsunlimted, etc and I see there is choice between a generic brand or dynacorn. Does the brand make the difference? Would I be better off buying the known dynacorn brand? I assume that no matter which brand I get, there is going to be a need for some massaging to make it fit right. Also, I know the door is going to cost me $600 +/-. not counting getting it repainted...is it a mistake to make a claim through insurance?

Thanks,

mustang door 2.jpg

mustang door 1.jpg

Oh crap !!!. I was lifting my 35 ford pick up on the car lift when the lift stopped and started groaning ...what the heck ...oh stupid ,you left the passenger door open and it hit the trusses.I just knew the door was squashed flat ,but to my surprise ,it didnt even dent it,those old trucks are tough SOBs .I make sure the doors are closed when i lift any car now

I replaced the l/s door shell on my 69 Coupe & IIRC I replaced it with the less expensive one & it fit very good out of the box. I do not remember where I purchased it from.

44452-l-s-after-replacing-l-s-outer-whee

Had good luck with the Dynacorn door shell. Should be 30% off at CJPP this weekend. I bought the more expensive one ($525?). The only problem I found was the opening for the door handle screw was not big enough and should be drilled out prior to painting. Save the old shell no matter what.....could eventually be straightened and install a good door skin.

Just remembered.......look the shell over really well before doing anything to it. My first one showed up without the "wavey" weatherstrip channel on the underside. Also, mount your door handle and lever to check fitment. CJPP was very good about doing the exchange.