Sign in to follow this  
MAC390

Printed circuit for dash

Hi Wally,

i just got one from Sydney Mustangs. Was around $90. I've fitted it to the dash and looks to be good quality.

While I was at it installed a KMPH speedo decal and LED lights.

it will be about two weeks before I power it up so that will be the test.

Mal

For $100, I can build you a dash cluster harness with a 12"+ pigtail (for ease of installation) that plugs directly into your dash cluster, bypassing the circuit card.  I've had customers go through 3 circuit cards before they found one that works.

http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php?/topic/53089-doing-away-with-the-dash-cluster-circuit-cards/

4 hours ago, Midlife said:

For $100, I can build you a dash cluster harness with a 12"+ pigtail (for ease of installation) that plugs directly into your dash cluster, bypassing the circuit card.  I've had customers go through 3 circuit cards before they found one that works.

http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php?/topic/53089-doing-away-with-the-dash-cluster-circuit-cards/

Wish I new that last week!

No pictures of a 69/70, but the pictures above show you the basic style of manufacture.  Each is hand-crafted to customer's needs.  Often times, gauges are substituted, aftermarket tachs added, etc.  Don't forget I offer a 2 year warranty/guaranty, no questions asked, and if you are not satisfied, your money back.

I like happy customers.

15 minutes ago, Midlife said:

No pictures of a 69/70, but the pictures above show you the basic style of manufacture.  Each is hand-crafted to customer's needs.  Often times, gauges are substituted, aftermarket tachs added, etc.  Don't forget I offer a 2 year warranty/guaranty, no questions asked, and if you are not satisfied, your money back.

I like happy customers.

silly question. I don't plan to replace the stock gauges except losing the ammeter gauge which is crap. probably put voltmeter gauge there. can do? thanks! What about the other side of connection(dash side wiring)? does a new connector have to spliced in to work with the connector you show?

1969-1973 Replacement of Dash Cluster Circuit Card
by Hard-wiring

1969 on up use a flexible circuit card that mates to the underdash harness and supplies
various signals to the dash cluster.  These cards' copper traces break easily and 
many customers complain about the reliability of reproduction circuit cards.  The dash
clusters can be hard-wired much like earlier Mustang dash clusters for better reliaibility
and electrical continuity.  This change does not increase dash bulb intensity, unfortunately.
The harness comes with an additional length to better access the back of the dash 
cluster for connecting the new multipin connector and general trouble-shooting.  Hard-
wiring does require a new dash cluster connector.  The existing connector can be
left in place or removed.  To use this service, the underdash harness must be sent in
and only in unusual cases will the dash cluster itself needs to be shipped.  Each harness
is checked by activating all lamps, gauges, and indicator lights on the dash cluster.  A
two year warranty is provided.

Never mind you answered my questions on your web site.

LED's should be compatible with this wiring, although you need to pay attention to polarity. 

I have sold dash cluster harnesses without the underdash being sent to me; in that case, I provide the mating connector and wire pigtails (see first photo) and the customer is responsible for splicing the wires.  I keep all wires in the same colors as the factory for the connectors to make this as simple as possible.

4 minutes ago, Midlife said:

LED's should be compatible with this wiring, although you need to pay attention to polarity. 

I have sold dash cluster harnesses without the underdash being sent to me; in that case, I provide the mating connector and wire pigtails (see first photo) and the customer is responsible for splicing the wires.  I keep all wires in the same colors as the factory for the connectors to make this as simple as possible.

thanks, I was an electronic tech in the US air force, I know how to splice and read a schematic diagram. :)