RCE1313

Crate Engines

Woody at FordStrokers.net is a very well known and reputable guy who has nothing but great reviews everywhere.

I personally went with a local known shop that has done motors before for me.

I prefer to have my motors done locally, that way if there are any problems you can go look the guys in the face and not wait to talk to the over the phone etc...

The engine Factory is quite good

Hey hey Tain! Welcome to the forum! What, ya think you just slide in and start asking questions without a formal introduction??? :) Just kidding. How about you start a thread in The Garage Forum and tell us a bit about yourself and your car. With plenty of pics please. Most folks here are quite friendly and knowledgeable. Thanks for joining!

Thread hijack over. Carry on.

Woody at FordStrokers.net is a very well known and reputable guy who has nothing but great reviews everywhere.

I personally went with a local known shop that has done motors before for me.

I prefer to have my motors done locally, that way if there are any problems you can go look the guys in the face and not wait to talk to the over the phone etc...

MikeStang, aren't you from the BR area?  If you don't mind me asking, who did you use locally?  Any luck with them? 

Yeah RCE I am in Denham Springs LA.

I have used Tim's Engines for my 462 Pontiac and my Ford 408W and have always had great success.

My best friend uses Womack's head and Block shop and Remi has always done him right and neither of us have had problems with anything both shops have done for us.

I choose to use Tim's Engines because their facilities are Neater and Cleaner and they are a smaller shop, But Womacks has upgraded their shop and now has a nice clean room etc.... I wouldn't hesitate to use either one of them for any of my engine building needs.... Oh and Tim's has an Engine Dyno up the hill that their Son Lane owns and if you pay them to build your motor for ya and have Lane Dyno it you get a better deal on the Dyno session, not to mention if its going to give you a problem the best place for it to do it is on the Dyno, that way its easy to just cart it back down the hill and say Ummm it slung a rod or whatever and they will take care of it LOL... At least that is how I saw it....

Tims and Womacks will give you a warranty on a stock built engine, but what we have built are considered race engines so I am not sure what kind of warranty they might give you, I have never had a problem with any of their stuff, but I would imagine they would stand behind their work.