Sign in to follow this  
nickjames138

Cut hood?

Have you thought about using furnace vents for the louvers?  Might be a much more economical way to do it.  Trim to fit what your looking for, weld in, grind smooth, and paint with the whole hood.  Something like this I think would be just the right size, and give you enough louvers for your needs if I'm following your concept right.  https://www.amazon.com/30-12-RETURN-GRILLE-Stamped/dp/B0064QIDWQ

there are off road gear companies who make that style and sell them on ebay for pretty cheap. But i really like the idea of the ones similar to the 2014's. you can find factory and repop ones but, they are drop in ones and plastic or carbon. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=2014+mustang+hood+vents&safe=off&rlz=1C1EODB_enUS548US548&biw=1366&bih=667&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjF3MD-wprPAhWoz4MKHXAsBNgQ_AUIBygC

Beautiful car! It's yours man. Do whatever you want with it. I have the up22 (now Unlimited Products) fiberglass stock look-alike hood and Mach 1 scoop. I'm going to try the Fastlane Innovations RamDuct Ram Air kit for mine. The up22 hood is actually surprisingly nice looking. It isn't the usual flimsy, dimpled POS that required 40 hours of blocking and sanding just to prep for paint, and it is light and strong.

I can't tell you how it fits yet because I haven't gotten that far, but if you are apprehensive about spending money on an aftermarket hood, I think the up22 or the Maier Racing fiberglass ones are great pieces of gear.

If you do the Ram Duct kit, please post measurements and details so I can cheat off of your blueprints!

For heat extraction, I saw a kit for a Jeep (I know, bear with me....) recently that puts a screen panel in the inner fender well to vent heat to the atmosphere through the wheel well. I know with those big old shock towers on our cars that is a challenge, but its an idea.

I have the TCI IFS kit which eliminates the shock towers, so I think I am going to try to fabricate a fender wall-to-wheel well vent type thing and try to extract heat that way. I'll definitely start a thread for that project when I get there. Sounds like a good opportunity to do some A vs B temp comparisons too, with the vents blocked off and then with them open...

In this time of darkness, where the pure evil of the LS swap happens, some may contemplate doing things considered "unnatural". Lol.

Don't even think about swapping you clevo for a chev. Lmfao.

Shakers don't have the two oval shaped holes in the back by the windshield.  The standard Mustang "Cobra Jet" style hood scoop that was normally not functional had turn signal lamps in the back, and those oval holes are for the lamps and wires.  Looks to me like you used the template for that scoop, which just shows where to drill the holes for the hood scoop studs.  Or, did your hood already have the holes for the standard scoop, and you decided to convert to shaker?

Shakers don't have the two oval shaped holes in the back by the windshield.  The standard Mustang "Cobra Jet" style hood scoop that was normally not functional had turn signal lamps in the back, and those oval holes are for the lamps and wires.  Looks to me like you used the template for that scoop, which just shows where to drill the holes for the hood scoop studs.  Or, did your hood already have the holes for the standard scoop, and you decided to convert to shaker?

Yes I'm converting the standard scoop to a shaker . I just have to fill in the oval holes . The template I used has both styles .