69Mustang16

1969 Coyote Resto-mod

Yep what he did is very similar to ours.  Our console has a bit of a different design.  Also, no shifter we are going with a push button shifter.  So that whole area will be smooth, the A/C controls will be placed in a different spot too.  We'll begin to build it next week so I'll be sure to post up some pics

are you using the 6r80 tranny?

The dash's texture has been taken off so it's smooth now as well as painted

369_zpswy85u8sy.jpg

Steering Column painted

370_zpsrxt91kne.jpg

Bracket we are going to house some fuses and transmission controller in has been painted

371_zpsi64inc6y.jpg

Transmission push button shifter housing has been painted.  We've also mounted the controller under the car

372_zps1rqpcyse.jpg

373_zpsrny5wgi8.jpg

E brake has been set on it's custom made and painted brackets

374_zps10sppgum.jpg

375_zps0itgpzbx.jpg

376_zpskihmqdzv.jpg

377_zpstwilhrjz.jpg

Yep what he did is very similar to ours.  Our console has a bit of a different design.  Also, no shifter we are going with a push button shifter.  So that whole area will be smooth, the A/C controls will be placed in a different spot too.  We'll begin to build it next week so I'll be sure to post up some pics

Thats one of the hang-ups im having, 

My 6r80 came with a shifter, but there is no way to mount it in the tunnel, i would have to make a large console.

what are you using for the push button? the 6r80 has P R N D S , no 3 section like D 2 1 like im use to.

The 6r80 is a massive trans.. For the push button we are using a Power-train control solutions unit. You program it with what you want ( P R N 1 2 3 4 ) then it's set.  It has a button for P R N D then an up and down arrow if you want to cycle through individual gears.

Did someone say Double Din and AC controls>?

Here's what I did...Was my 1st real attempt at building something like this and I will be rebuilding it with some fiberglass in the future.

I used a classic auto Air controller btw.

And I believe the Radio has a 7" screen... Part of the reason I wanna re-do it is so that I can do a better job of making a radio face plate area that looks better.

1st Attempt ! 

you must be kidding, Ive seen pro's that couldn't come up with what you did on a first attempt !!

this is your new calling .

3rd member is in

378_zpsuwayjyrr.jpg

One of the fuse panels in the cab

379_zpsmzkk0kpn.jpg

Wiring.. so much wiring.. this isn't even the AAW wiring harness yet!

380_zps0tufkeun.jpg

Vintage air being buttoned up

381_zpsnmhyhbla.jpg

Im starting to wonder if there are any a/c heater boxes that would work from a late model car, That vintage air stuff is nice, but some things I cant justify ( until of course I screw it up and end up spending double ) 

The 6r80 is a massive trans.. For the push button we are using a Power-train control solutions unit. You program it with what you want ( P R N 1 2 3 4 ) then it's set.  It has a button for P R N D then an up and down arrow if you want to cycle through individual gears.

OMG ! are you being sponsored for these items or do you have bottomless pockets !  :-)

over $1200 for the shifter ! I guess my hand will have to suffice ( as usual :-)

OMG ! are you being sponsored for these items or do you have bottomless pockets !  :-)

over $1200 for the shifter ! I guess my hand will have to suffice ( as usual :-)

Lol.. it's a build you do once in your life that's for sure.  Going to be exactly how we want it!

No I didn't cut the bottom of the dash off, I just removed the plastic surround pieces on each side and my console meets the metal part of the dash and goes up to the bottom of the dash pad.

I really need a better way of tying it into the dash pad area because of the large shape of the dash pad...I cut a little piece of wood that was close to the shape of the dash and tapered it down to the size of the plywood so there was a transition of sorts.

Yes this was my 1st attempt and I HATE building shit out of wood you hear me I HATE IT... only tools I used were a jig saw, a bench top belt sander, and a battery powered drill LOL. oh and of course a heat gun and electric stapler for doing the shitty vinyl covering....That damn upholstery adhesive don't hold like is should any more...

The next console I do will be much the same but the radio will be mounted in a recessed area so it looks better, then I will just Vinyl the sides and glass and bondo up the top and paint it to match the car.

There are a few options that may work for a shifter for you.

Does that transmission have a manual linkage that activates things or is it all electronic?

The B&M hammer shifter I used is not overly tall, but they make one that mounts under the car like the SN95 cars do, and even tho the transmission is larger you can move the shifter back in the console so it rests in your hand while you rest your elbow on the arm rest like mine is...my shifter is actually WAY back from the stock location...its about 4-5" tall and comes with the plastic top plate shown...Im sure you could mount or adapt a B&M shifter designed for a newer mustang to work.

Woule the classic auto air AC kit not work for you?

Its fully under dash and has nothing that hangs out into the engine bay except the hoses...Just have to be sure they can supply the correct lines to adapt to that new style AC compressor.... I saw a 68FB at Cruising the coast last year with a coyote swap and it was running classic auto air I think

No I didn't cut the bottom of the dash off, I just removed the plastic surround pieces on each side and my console meets the metal part of the dash and goes up to the bottom of the dash pad.

I really need a better way of tying it into the dash pad area because of the large shape of the dash pad...I cut a little piece of wood that was close to the shape of the dash and tapered it down to the size of the plywood so there was a transition of sorts.

Yes this was my 1st attempt and I HATE building shit out of wood you hear me I HATE IT... only tools I used were a jig saw, a bench top belt sander, and a battery powered drill LOL. oh and of course a heat gun and electric stapler for doing the shitty vinyl covering....That damn upholstery adhesive don't hold like is should any more...

The next console I do will be much the same but the radio will be mounted in a recessed area so it looks better, then I will just Vinyl the sides and glass and bondo up the top and paint it to match the car.

There are a few options that may work for a shifter for you.

Does that transmission have a manual linkage that activates things or is it all electronic?

The B&M hammer shifter I used is not overly tall, but they make one that mounts under the car like the SN95 cars do, and even tho the transmission is larger you can move the shifter back in the console so it rests in your hand while you rest your elbow on the arm rest like mine is...my shifter is actually WAY back from the stock location...its about 4-5" tall and comes with the plastic top plate shown...Im sure you could mount or adapt a B&M shifter designed for a newer mustang to work.

I agree, wood is not my friend either, at least with metal, you can weld in screwups. 

the shifter i have is from a 2013 mustang, it does have the cable that connects right to the tranny, 

i was thinking of trying to fit a console from a 2013 model. The tranny is huge, but also short. had to open the tunnel quite a bit, where the old shifter hole was is exactly where the driveshaft would connect to the tranny.

Woule the classic auto air AC kit not work for you?

Its fully under dash and has nothing that hangs out into the engine bay except the hoses...Just have to be sure they can supply the correct lines to adapt to that new style AC compressor.... I saw a 68FB at Cruising the coast last year with a coyote swap and it was running classic auto air I think

im sure it would, but the cost seems high. being i have to make my own lines anyway, i could probably figure out a late model unit IF it is smaller.