Sign in to follow this  
KT 69

Heater Ac Bezel Vacuum Valve

It looks like this is the valve/switch that bolts onto the Heater/AC box.  It controls the movement of doors in the box that try to block either cold or hot air depending on where the controls are set.  Possibly controls fresh/recycle air too. 

That makes sense guys. It is located in a position right next to that divertor box. I have an aftermarket system which  controls  all those  diverting operations within the main under dash unit. I won't need it or the center console box behind the radio and dash bezel.

Classic Auto Air Street Rod Cooler  II unit (used this as my car is a RH drive conversion for use in OZ).

P.S. Anyone from OZ or UK if you chose to go this route contact me there are issues to be aware of. Those in OZ I would highly recommend going with Falcon under dash unit.

I am at the point of pluming the vacuum hoses on my OEM A/C and glad I saw this thread because I was under the impression that valve was to control the coolant flow threw the heater core. In other words it shuts the coolant flow off when the A/C is on via the vacuum control valve on the heater hose. Guess I need  schematic.

Dave 

I was under the impression that valve was to control the coolant flow threw the heater core. In other words it shuts the coolant flow off when the A/C is on via the vacuum control valve on the heater hose.

Dave 

Scott Drake sells schematics/diagrams.