Sign in to follow this  
det0326

headliner insulation

Is this what most are using between the headliner and roof for insulation? How thick can you go before interfering with the headliner bows?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reflectix-BP48010-Reflective-Insulation-Double-Bubble-Foil-48-In-x-10-Ft-/182048292747?hash=item2a62ec7f8b:g:x2YAAOSwP~tW33ug

Thanks Dave

Did the Mach 1 come with roof insulation as a standard item? And if so, what is the best solution ? I'm not using dynamat but I will be using something.

Yes they did . I pulled mine a few months ago. It is fibreglass bat material approx 2 inches thick.

not sure if they all came with insulation or not but mine had the old yellow stuff that looks like some house insulation. Not sure if it is fiberglass or not it is just what it appeared to me to be like. I used the dynamat that they make especially for the underneath of the roof. It comes in 1/8  1/4  1/2  thickness. I used the 1/4 and it fit nicely and was really easy to install.

Dave   

Anyone know who carries the correct stuff (thickness wise)?

the thickness you would want to use depends on how much clearance you have between your bows and roof. from what i gathered when I installed mine I could adjusted the bows a little either way by bending the ends a little. I found that the 1/4" seems to work best tho.  

Dave

Yes the OEM was softer and thicker and would compress more than the dynamat. The dynamat like I used is more like foam and doesn't compress much. Someone might make a repo of the OEM stuff I don't know but if it is fiberglass I would not want to deal with it anyway. 

Dave