It is correct. If I recall correctly the '69 rivets were round and in '70 they went to hex or octagon shaped, I'm not sure which. That was an attempt to discourage fraud as those floret shaped rivets were not readily available to the public.   Dave R.

There should be a stamped tag with the vin pop riveted on the drivers side that you can see at the bottom through the windshield. also a reverse-stamped warranty plate riveted to the rear face of the driver's side door for the 69 mustang. 70's used a  plastic label  the vin is also stamped on the top of the inner fender apron I've seen as few as one and as many as four place's from the same factory

On my 69 (San Jose, CA assembly), I found matching VINs on the top edge of the driver-side & passengers-side "inner fender apron" - the part that is formed into the side firewall and has the shock-towers bolted onto it).  These VINs are covered by the outer fenders which lay over the top of the apron and cover the VINs.  When you remove the outer fenders, you can see these numbers.

Both the engine and the transmission VINs are stamped on the "top side".  The engine VIN can be found on the block, back near the firewall, and the transmission stamp is also on the top of the transmission housing nearer the backside then the bell-housing.

I have not found any other VIN's in the restore I have been doing.  Are there any other places to look for VIN stamps on a 69?