prayers1

Looking for ideals, where to mount Bypass Fuel Regulator

I have a shaker scoop and normally the regulator is position next to the right side of the carb, but my water lines and air cleaner would be in the way.  I have been looking but can't locate a rear bracket that would mount the regulator behind the carb instead of to the right of it.

I really don't want to mount it on the firewall or fender apron.

Any ideals of a rear carb bracket?

Thanks!

DSC03694_zpsuqh2cfso.jpg

DSC03693_zpsta9ycoec.jpg

Here's a few options...turn your fuel rail around backwards and put the regulator on the rail and feed the regulator .

There is also a rail made that can be fed from either end, it's basicall got a nipple on 1 end and a plug just as big on the other...put the regulator on the back side and feed it.

I ran something like that on my trans am...I fed the rail from the front and had regulator on the back of the rail with the return like.

It worked fine to

Depends on the option you pick that I suggested.

If u flipped your rail around and installed regulator on rail u will need to route hose around the carb down drivers side maybe, or loop it under the motor and come back up the rear of the block.

Are you running a return line or dead head regulator?

If your running a dead head regulator you have to have it installed before fuel goes in the rail, if you are using a return line you can put the regulator on the rail at the other end and feed from front....but u will need a different rail

Thanks Mike for the replys!

Yes I will be running a return.

I'd like to keep the supply feeding through the original hole by the lower left front apron. My motor and shorty headers get too hot to sneak it from behind.

Running the original way up to the dual feed and ending with the regulator seems like a good ideal and ending with the regulator serves as its bracket.

How simple of a thought, that I didn't even think of flipping the dual feed.

I appreciate your help Mike!!

A little concerned about the weight of the regulator ultimately being supported by the rear float bowl to fuel rail fitting.  If it ever breaks, cracks, or does anything to cause a leak at that fitting while you are driving you can have a very big problem.  I can visualize the regulator's weight and it bouncing around while driving loosening that fuel fitting.

Buckeye has a nice solution.  Spend an hour or so making a bracket then use a flex line to attach the regulator to the fuel rail.

Buckeye, Nice ideal. I was looking for  a bracket on line then thought how I could make a bracket and use the 2 threaded holes near the carb.

How did you run the plumbing.  It looks like you have a Tee off the regulator??  Is your return off the center bottom of the Reg or T.

1969_Mach1- I didn't think about the weight of the regulator???? Good point, maybe I can fab a bracket like Buckeye.

The regulator wont be unsupported if he plumbs in a hard aluminum or metal line to the bottom of the regulator for his return.... Trust me I have done this before and with the regulator locked into the fuel rail and the line out the bottom supporting it you cant move it by hand much less some vibrations moving it... Not to mention, how many times have you EVER had a Holley fuel line come unscrewed... I have rebuilt a LOT of carbs and have run across very few that were what I like to call Easy to break loose

I will look at each option. My plans are to go TBI, but run the Ele. fuel pump on carb to see how it runs. I always had a low fuel pressure problem at WOT around 4500-5000 rpms. So it will be interesting to see what happens.

I think I'm gonna get the Holley 12-842 Bypass reg. It looks nice and clean has 6an and is a little cheaper than most.

I'm gonna take the regulator and make up some cardboard mounts to see how I like it mounted .

Also I'll see how it fits bolted to the fuel rail.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-13301/overview/

This aeromotive unit is a little more expensive but speaking from personal exp I can say it has been the best regulator I have ever used.

Its got springs to go from Carbureted pressures up to EFI Pressures, its easily adjustable and has a boos ref port if ever you were to need it... All in all a Wonderful unit