Sign in to follow this  
MikeStang

Need Some Measurements From a Fastback

Okay I am needing some measurements on the Roof Rail Stainless Weather stripping piece.

I would like to know the distance from the outer edge of the piece out to the drip rail so I can see if mine may be a bit to far in. When I installed it there were a few holes already there that the POS thought were better locations for the screws I suppose.

Should the distance from front to back be uniform?

Will probably need measurements starting down at the bottom Dront of the drip rail toward the fender and working all the way back to the quarter window with measurements maybe every 1' or so?

Yeah Brian from stainless edge to stainless edge.

Start at the front at very bottom by dash and that will be 1st measurement then go 1 foot up and measure from drip rail stainless inside edge to the weather strip stainless edge... First measurements may be tough to get...maybe use a dial indicator to get in there lol

Ok , so between the trims under the roof rail drivers side

.631 couldn't get the door all the way open and the mirror is in the way

.236 half way up A pillar

.802 middle of top bend at roof

.710 1/2 way back

.704 at front of rear vent window

.662 at end

Awesome thanks Guys.

Damn no wonder We have such a hard time getting our windows to seal up look at the lack of Quality Control as evident by the differences in 2 car haha, not to mention the crappy weather stripping they make now days... I may never get the whistling to stop :(

I appreciate it guys

Was Going to try to hit these numbers

My Problem spot is just before the Curve of the roof in the front...Right where the little metal piece is at that sits behind the seal.

Basically I think its located between y'alls 2nd and 3rd measurements... I am pretty sure mine is off a little right there because the window fits in the rest of the seal pretty good but its just a touch to far away in that area and whistles like hell.

Glad someone measured the Pass side also because I wanted to check that also haha.

One more question.

Do you guys have any type of mastic or double sided foam tape under your stainless roof rail piece?

I used some of the real thin double sided sticky foam in the holes it would help seal things up a bit more if the stainless was bent anywhere, now im wondering if I should remove it?

Also who makes the best Roof rail weather stripping?

would be nice if someone made it so there was a little deeper pocket for the window to go up inside of

Mike, it might be possible that some of your problems could be adjusted out by the window guides.  I had to spend a huge amount of time adjusting my windows so that they hit the weatherstripping just right.  Even then it was a balancing act because in some places it was really tight then in others it just barely hit the rubber.

david

Yes I have those 2 metal window guides at the top.

But the window in the location that is leaking just barley misses the rubber, as in its a little 2 far out to lay on the rubber as it should, while in the lower half of the front it hits just right and same in the back...its that one spot, that's why I think its gonnna have to move over some.

Haven't had my 69 apart or replaced the weatherstrip.  When I did my 65; yes added a thin foam insulator.  20 years ago I used some two sided adhesive foam refrigerator door insulator/sealant.  I have read/heard the vendors have some better stuff available now.  Brian

I don't really see the point in the window guides on the weather stripping anyhow to be honest.

If its touching the glass it will rub a spot on it, and if its not touching it then the glass wont sit in the channel right LOL...So that being said, why have them if the glass is adjusted and seals are all in the right place LOL..