fvike

This is nuts!

This square nut is going into that rectangle hole. Anybody knows how it fits? This is the rear nut on the bottom of the rocker panel for the front fender. It has two ears on it, but I got my fingers in the way.

24442414790_4688be09c5_b.jpg

If I remember correctly from when I did mine those ears grab on from the inside (like how your arms hold you up if you were hanging from a hole) and prevent the assembly from falling inside. When you put the bolt in everything gets snugged up since the entire assembly is too big to fit through the opening. 

Love the thread title. Short answer, beats the hell out of me lieutenant. Well, I sure didn't think it was going to be this difficult. Tried messing with my drivers side I need to install. Bad phone pic, I know. The ears stick out and down and are positioned with the length of the car, north and south, front to back. I attached the bolt so as I wouldn't lose it inside. Worked it diagonally trying to angle it it, until the nut fully went inside. Now I'm struggling getting it out. Oy! I'll work on it later.

post-5441-0-84565300-1454285298.jpg

the ears do not go in the hole ,slide the nut into the hole from the long side ..one side is longer on the nut .The ears will be on the out side .Slide the nut back once it is in the hole .The ears act like a spring and hold the nut in place .If  the hole is bent up the nut will not lock in place correctly and you may need to bend the opening to make the nut lock in .

Slip the nut into the rocker long side in .be careful not to let it fall all the way in .and push it all the way to the ears 

post-42284-0-07559000-1454286419.jpg

insert a philip screw driver into the threaded hole and pull the nut and clip back until it locks in place and you are ready to go .If the opening in the rocker is bent up you will need to straighten it up or the clip may not go in or it will not stay in .

post-42284-0-94617600-1454286615.jpg

post-42284-0-49630100-1454286685.jpg

This square nut is going into that rectangle hole. Anybody knows how it fits? This is the rear nut on the bottom of the rocker panel for the front fender. It has two ears on it, but I got my fingers in the way.

24442414790_4688be09c5_b.jpg

The bed liner may make it a bit hard to get in ,but it may also make it stay in better .

put some grease on it first.

slide the long side into the hole then tap the exposed edge until it clears the edge of the hole.

it should drop into the hole then

slide the nut back slightly until both edges are trapped under the metal.

you can sometimes stick a long bolt into the nut to use as leverage.