NordicDawn

Wheels and tires - anyone know the sizes from this photo?

Hard to say for certain but sure look exaxtly like 245x60-15 on 7" wide rims in the first photo . . the only other possible size would be 255x60-15 but those would hit the front fenders . . i have seen around a zillion of them.

the second set are repos of goodyear F70 14 which are equivalent to 215x70-14.

I've got a reaction from the owner surprisingly (last online years ago), they are P235 60R 15inch. Winter project for us.

possible but seems unlikely unless those a 6 inch wide rims which they dont look like to me but both 235x60-15 and 245x16-15 are common to find on those cars.

possible but seems unlikely unless those a 6 inch wide rims which they dont look like to me but both 235x60-15 and 245x16-15 are common to find on those cars.

Judging by how far the tire sticks out of the rim, I think it's 6 inch. Have to wait for the answer of the owner to be sure though.

Wheel on the left is P235 60R 15x7:

Tires-Rims_1970_zpsdqfrgsm1.jpg

That is one bad ass looking plane Jane coupe!

Agree! Packs a nice punch aswell with the SCJ.

Judging by how far the tire sticks out of the rim, I think it's 6 inch. Have to wait for the answer of the owner to be sure though.

Wheel on the left is P235 60R 15x7:

Yeh, that's one of the things i was trying to gauge it by but its just hard by the photos but for sure it is either 235 or 245 60 - 15 so that narrows it down.

A 255 will fit on the front as long as you also have the correct aspect ratio, wheel width, offset and backspacing.  I'm running 255 40 18 on the front on 18x8.5 wheels with no problems at all and my car is lowered about 2 inches (I have coil overs but I don't think that changes anything in the front).  I'm running 285 35 18 on the rear with a 18x9.5 wheel with no problems either (but I have coil overs back there too but its the frame rail that is the limiting factor back there for me).  The diameter, backspacing and offset are critical to get correct for your setup.  Also, don't forget that tires of the same published size from one manufacturer will have a slightly different actual size than those from a different manufacturer.  I'm currently running Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the car now but I had Goodyears on it last year (F1 GS-D3) and they both fit (the Super Sports are MUCH better performing, though).  By the way, a 6 inch rim is too narrow for a 235 60 tire.  It will pinch in the side wall too much and you'll lose performance compared to a 215 or 225 on the same wheel.  7 inches would be the narrowest I would suggest for a 235 60.  If you really want to stay with a 15 inch wheel I would look for one that is 7.5 inches wide and put a 245 55 or a 255 55 on it (total diameter of 26 inches), but be sure to check your wheel backspacing and offset.  A larger diameter wheel will allow you to fit larger brake calipers too and if you stick with a 15 inch wheel you'll be limited to small brakes so if you plan to put bigger brakes on it down the road (sorry for the pun) it might be good to upsize the wheels to 16 or 17 inch diameter.  Just my thoughts but its not my car and you should outfit it the way you prefer.