Mkeenan

Master cylinder and brake booster issue

So I got the new brake lines and distribution block installed. When I tried to install the new mc it won't go all the way on without compressing. The old mc had some sort of spacer that looks like it doesn't belong. Here are some pictures of the fitment, spacer and push rod. I'm sure what is wrong, any ideas

post-44222-0-04305200-1441663407.jpg

post-44222-0-79483600-1441663473.jpg

post-44222-0-58186200-1441663555.jpg

post-44222-0-30140400-1441663599.jpg

The booster is from the previous owner. Judging from the pictures I have a midland setup and I am missing the whiteish plastic piece. When I bought the new master cylinder I just asked for a 1969 mustang mc, is there going to be a problem using the one I bought. They never asked me for a brake "name". The old mc and new one look identical. When I bought the car its brakes were non excistant, enough to get the car home, slowly. I started cheap first, I tired to bled the brake... Nothing no fluid. So I hooked up my vacuum pump, still nothing. When I tried to unhook the brake lines that's when I started to brake stuff. Long story short the brake lines were plugged at the distribution block, the mc was shot, the rear cylinders looked like they haven't seen fluid or worked in years and while trying to take stuff apart I pretty much rounded off or broke everything. Also where do you get this tool you speak of, I tried using my caliper but it doesn't fit to get the pushrod length.