'70MACH1

Sleeved motor

Sonic check it before sleeving it. Some have only minor core shift and can go bigger. Also, there are still a few virgin blocks out there that might be cheaper to start with, depending where you are with your present block.

In your situation I would spend some time looking for another block.  I've seen a friend of mine install a sleeve or two in several motors in his shop and they seem to work just fine.  But it's always a last resort repair. Are you thinking of one cylinder or all eight?  If it's all eight definitely look for another block.  Like Max Power mentioned you can sonic test and see if yours can be bored 0.060".  But what is the safe cutoff cylinder wall thickness for an engine to not have any overheating issues?

a good shop can easily sleeve all 8 cyls but it will cost more than another good used block . . if a crappy shop sleeves it, they will leak.

if i could get a standard bore block to my door for $600.00, i would do that instead.

check craigslist also