Shep69

3 point retractable seat belts

I came across an old post using these belts. http://wescoperforma...-seat-belt.html

http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48384-three-point-seatbelt-install/

I was wanting to change my standard ones  out as the wife says that they dig into her neck due to the upper mounting position. If anyone has used the Wesco performance style in a fastback can they give me the buckle length they used. There are three options 8,11 and 20 inches.

Just want to make sure that its long enough from the mounting point on the floor to miss the centre console. My interior has been pulled ready for paint so i cant measure. Has anyone used anything else or are there better options around.

Cheers Mark.

If you would consider used, the early 1980's LTD and Ford trucks have a very nice system that is very cheap.  I will try to get some photos.  I got my complete system for both sides for $20 from a local junk yard.  

I have the Wesco belts with an 11" fixed end. For a 3 point belt in a Mustang  I think the 20" would be too long, at least me. I'm 6-2 and have the seat way back. You may want to put the seat in position for your wife and measure from the inner belt mounting bolt to an area near her hip where the buckle mounts.

Please forgive the mug shot, difficulties cropping.

post-5441-0-15331800-1440385897.jpg

post-5441-0-65040500-1440386023.jpg

I used the long sash.  Otherwise the shoulder strap went way up high.  With the long sash, it brings it right behind my shoulder (I'm 6').  The 11" sleeve works just fine.

My wesco order, for my '69 fastback:

Retractable Seat Belts: 3  Item # WELR-L         2   80.90  Add Mounting Hardware =
Point Retractable Seat                                      Yes(+$10.95)
Belts with Long Sash                                        Color = Black-02
Guide                                                       Style = Bucket Seat-11 inch Sleeve

DSC_6964_s.jpg

There are 2 options for those seat belts, the rigid sleeve end which comes in 8" or 11" (at the trans tunnel) and the option for a 11" sash guide at the roof. I am pretty sure that I chose the regular roof guide (like RPMs) and I also chose the 8" sleeve end.

The roof guide is fine for me and I am only 5'7" however the 8" sleeve end at the trans tunnel is tight. I have a center console which I think makes it worse. My seat is also closer to the steering wheel.....I have it down on how to buckle up but my wife or daughter always fumble around with the passenger side....

If you can install a seat and measure from the seatbelt mount, that would be ideal.

Also, the retractor is somewhat problematic....It constantly locks before I can insert it into the buckle. Overall, these are great 3 point seat belts.

Thanks guys.  Shaun071 i had a look at your thread. Yes its probably a good idea to move the lower mounting point rear as these retractables dont like to be on an angle and will lock up as 69volunteer said. I will check out Hemco and see what they have.