Dave R.

'69 alignment specs

You do not want to use the factory settings. They don't have enough caster and allow for positive camber. I have these settings on my street car.

0 - camber

2.5deg positive caster

1/8" toe in

We have some performance specs on our web site.

After the Arning/Shelby drop I had the front end done and these were the spec's.  0 Camber. L.1 & 1/2+ and R.1 & 3/4 with 1/16 Toe in.  Done by a pro shop 5 years ago.  No complaints.  Don't forget we are talking degree's.  Brian

Does not increased toe in increase understeer? I would think our front heavy under steering cars would benefit from less understeer.

The difference in steering between 5/16 and 3/16 is negligible . . if you want your car to corner well you need to do the shelby/arning drop and install a bigger sway bar . . both these it will have 10000 times more affect than a difference of 1/8" in toe in will.

The difference in steering between 5/16 and 3/16 is negligible . . if you want your car to corner well you need to do the shelby/arning drop and install a bigger sway bar . . both these it will have 10000 times more affect than a difference of 1/8" in toe in will.

I was thinking the difference between 5/16 and 1/16" would be far from negligible. I did the two mods mentioned about 15 years ago.

After the Arning/Shelby drop I had the front end done and these were the spec's.  0 Camber. L.1 & 1/2+ and R.1 & 3/4 with 1/16 Toe in.  Done by a pro shop 5 years ago.  No complaints.  Don't forget we are talking degree's.  Brian

Brian, with stock front suspension would your numbers still be recommended? I didn't do the Arning/Shelby drop.  Thanks.  Dave R.

I was thinking the difference between 5/16 and 1/16" would be far from negligible. I did the two mods mentioned about 15 years ago.

even that small amount would be negligible to most people . . you really need to go for 0 to around 1/2" for it to be noticeable.

also, these are not ferraris . . a vehicle can easily be 1/16" toed in when not moving but actually be toed out at highway speeds, but for some odd reason, very few "experts" mention this simply because they are not really experts . . unfortunately, just because people read it on the internet, it doesn't make it true.

Heck, most people don't know when one of their tires only has 10 pounds of pressure in it! And I'll take a little toe out, especially in turns. I wish my steering arms were adjustable to be able to get more Ackerman. But that's me.

Heck, most people don't know when one of their tires only has 10 pounds of pressure in it! And I'll take a little toe out, especially in turns. I wish my steering arms were adjustable to be able to get more Ackerman. But that's me.

Then all you have to do is set it up so it is toed out to insure it is always toed out.

Brian, with stock front suspension would your numbers still be recommended? I didn't do the Arning/Shelby drop.  Thanks.  Dave R.

Dave this is an area that I have no real expertise in and so I trust the professionals.  The differences in degree/angles are so small it is hard for me to grasp the importance.  I take both my cars to a shop that I started using decades ago.  For me alignment is all about shimmy and irregular tire wear.  My cars exhibit neither.  Brian

Then all you have to do is set it up so it is toed out to insure it is always toed out.

Very true, but it can get real squirrelly, especially under hard breaking.

Very true, but it can get real squirrelly, especially under hard breaking.

i am quite aware of that since i have done a lot of suspension work but that is what you said you prefer so now i'm confused.