My Mach 1

Just put the New Magnums On

Gomach1, great stance on your car! Love it. Lowered the car a bit? I hope to buy some Magnums for my '70 Hardtop someday. With the bright blue paint I have on it, i'm aiming for the '69 Boss Magnums (grey center, instead of black). Should look great.

1.5" lowering springs in the front, mid eye leafs in the back but wasn't happy with the stance so I also put on 1" lowering blocks. I am really happy with and get a lot compliments on the stance. Jacking can be a little tricky but hoping to solve that problem in the near future with a lift.

I had 14 x 7's and switched to 2004 Mach 1's. Then I found these. There's no comparison in the ride between the 17's and the 14's, the 17's ride great. 245/45/17 all around on 17" x 8"  AR500's  with 4.75" backspace.  520 lb 1" lowering springs in front, 1" blocks in back.  I custom made backing plates to mount the factory style center caps.

Pac sorry to hear about your job.

ED

post-674-0-38733800-1425598763.jpg

That's exactly what I am going with on the front except I was going to use 4.5bs, any issues with the extra .25?

Out back I am going with the 9.5" wheel 5.75bs and 275/40/17's, with directional tires I won't need to rotate. I am also adding custom redlines to the sidewalls for the classic Hot-wheels look.

No, I had the 2004 Mach 1's on there with 5.75" bs with the 1" billet spacers and had no issues so I went back with the 4.75" bs and have more room on the upper ball joint than I had with the Mach 1 wheels. Actually the clamp on wheel weights rubbed the ball joint slightly with the Mach 1 wheels. I also have a space saver spare tire and wheel that fits with a 1" spacer and would clear 13" brakes if anyone is interested.

ED 

OK will do, it's pretty much the first project for this spring. I bought the Mustang Steve kit in a group buy here a long time ago, the car has been on jack stands almost ever since because of lack of wheels to fit it.

Seems these days a lot of folks prefer the new 12.5 kit from the newer cars.