Sign in to follow this  
RobotMan

Old Forum Cross Reference

I had a bunch of links to threads I was going to use while restoring my son's mustang.  However, with the forum being switched over to the new form, my links no longer work.  I noticed a thread number in the link address.  Anyone know how to cross ref this to the new forum so I can update my links.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Last time I checked you can still search the old forum, you just need to log in first in order to see them, otherwise you get redirected here. Might help for now anyway so you can have easy access to it quickly.  http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/

Meantime I will compare some old threads to the converted ones ASAP and see if I can find some logic to it that can help everyone reference them.

OK so after digging up an old random thread of mine and then comparing you can see the URL is very different between the two sites, no real easy cross reference between the two.

OLD FORUM: http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=5481

NEW FORUM: http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php?/topic/41700-what-size-crown-for-the-convertible-top-staples

If you click on the old link you will see the below message.

Capture.JPG

However, if you then log in to the old site you will actually still see the proper thread you were trying to follow a link to so for sure you can still reference them that way .

Also notice that in the new URL it actually contains the subject header in the link. It looks like if you take that and add quotation marks to each end of it the new search engine will find that exact thread you are looking for here. You could then save that new link instead of going to the old site. I tried it myself by entering "what size crown for the convertible top staples" and it gave me the exact result I wanted. Without adding the " " though it gave me 3 pages of threads for convertibles and in the order by date so this old thread was way at the bottom, the quotation marks are needed for ease and speed.

Hope this helps. I don't know how long the old forum will still be operational so if you want to trade your old saved links for new ones I wouldn't waste time and get to it ASAP.

I can't seem to get anything but the redirect page on the old forum. I tried logging out and logging back in, then clicking on "subscribed Threads" under quick links, as well as others, but I keep coming back to the redirect page. I wonder if it works for you, pakrat, because you're an admin.

I can't seem to get anything but the redirect page on the old forum. I tried logging out and logging back in, then clicking on "subscribed Threads" under quick links, as well as others, but I keep coming back to the redirect page. I wonder if it works for you, pakrat, because you're an admin.

X2, that is all I get too. I tried to do a search & it doesn't work.

Pak only admins and mods can login to the old forum. I may open it up so users can retrieve any missing info.

Well here's everyone's answer right here, rodbrady was right.

OK, I'll make everyone a moderator then! (J/K)

So in the meantime feel free to post some old links in this thread that you really need (don't flood me if not important please) and I will cross reference them for you guys and post the revised ones.