Sign in to follow this  
Guillaume69

1969 GT Registery

1969 GT Registery?

http://home.comcast.net/~gt69registry/

It seems like it was a really nice project started a while ago, but is no longer current or maintained. I think it would be really cool to revive and refresh it with today's available software.

Do any of you guys know the authors (Bart Boster or Kevin Mikkelsen)? Is there anyone on this forum who knows how to get in touch with those guys or who would have the skills, will and time to take over, if allowed? I personally would be lacking the skills...

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

G

I would love to see a new 69 GT registry get started. I had actually thought about doing it a few years back but life and family were major obstacles. I would be interested in getting involved with it now but I don't have the computer skills to create the site from scratch and have not come across any out of the box sites that would work well for that application. Anyone know of any website builders or software that would work? Everything seems to be business oriented.

That site has had nothing done with it for a long time.   Might be easier to just start a new one.  Looks like there would at least be 2 of the 1127 1969 gt verts registered.  I think problem with a just 1969 registry is that there were so few.   It might be better to extend it to 69 and earlier gts.   Then there could be info on identification of pre 67 gt that don't have marti and ect.  If you just do a 1969 only gt there would be a lot less traffic than we have here. 

I think problem with a just 1969 registry is that there were so few. 

To me, that's what would make it cool :D

for those of us with a "rare" GT, it would be a great repository for us, potential, and future owners.