schweigert

69 coupe with boss side decals opinions

Here is what I've decided on for rocker stripes where GT stripes would be. Is a Ford GT style. Will be painted on except for the Ford script oval which I bought at Graphics Express.

That's great! I feel like the side skirt area is lacking on a coupe and this is A good solution - I'll probably make one that says 302 and just have it custom printed

Mike- If I recall, I believe they cost me $235, which includes the Boss 302 and Boss 351 decal as well as the rear decal. Good product, I've gotten wax on it several times and it comes off no problem. I like the fact that you can put any cubic inch on it.

I agree you should do what you like best but as far as 2 bit opinions ago I'm personally a fan of an homage application vs. for lack of a better term posing or misrepresentation. That has lead to so many misinformed rumors and urban legends over the decades, for example, "My Honda Civic spanked a Boss last weekend".

Unless you can match or out perform the model you are replicating just make it look like a Mach or a Boss or GT but don't call it out as one. I had a buddy years ago who did a painted version similar to Prayers car but he called it a Hoss 351 instead, never once did anyone call him on it but he did get lots of smiles and compliments. I also saw a Mock 1 at a show once but didn't care for it, saw a Mach V too painted up like Speed Racer, it was a white 'vert with red interior and looked pretty cool actually, all it really needed was the sportsroof scoops on it to be really cool but no one ever attempted that until Chip Foose a few years ago.

I got mine from Graphic-Express, but I had them make a 351 since I have the 351 Cleveland. Because of the reflection of the Sun, it looks golden and sometimes grey. They are a reflective decal for safety reasons, just like they were in 69. I was very happy with the quality.

10-04-2014022_zpse2f159d0.jpg

10-04-2014029_zpse55ff6b3.jpg

Wow, I finally got an outside view of you car- very nice! So Graphic-Express did custom stripes for you? Over the years I've grown to hate the reflective, peeling, chipping stripes on my Mach and want some custom ones that are a combination of Grabber and Mach, but just non-reflective black vinyl.

Mach1 Driver- Thank you for the complement!

Graphic Express is where I got them from.  You can use any cubic inch size and maybe a name.  Besides the quality, the stripes are reflective like there where on the originals. At night you see the large stripe running down the side such as the reflective DOT stripes you see on big rigs.