Sign in to follow this  
rchappelear

headliner trim fitment

so the front headliner metal trim piece the the sun visors latch to, does the coupe and fastback very???

I see on CJ pony website that they are for either or, but some other places i see coupe only.

Is this part interchangeable between coupes and fastbacks or is it specific to the roof style?

The Scott Drake reproduction indicates 69-70 coupe or fastback as stated by CJ's, Cobranda, MU, etc.

However, the ford parts catalog list a different part number for each

F63, C9ZZ-6303606-A (for sports roof)

F65, C9ZZ-6503606-A (coupe)

The call it an upper windshield garnish molding

What that difference is, I don't know, it could be something insignificant but with out having one from each car, we would only be guessing

Don't know if you've looked into it but maybe someone knows of a good interchange manual out there. I haven't found one yet, but I haven't been looking too hard either. Most of the parts on my restomod are in good shape. When I had a '59 Dodge Royal though, that interchange manual payed for itself ten fold.

Came across this post and thought I would show a picture of both.

The top one is for a coupe and the bottom is for a fastback.  Notice how the coupe ends curve in much more than the fastback. 

The coupe one shown does not fit my fastback.

These are original Ford, not aftermarket and they fit '69/'70.

post-15691-0-08074000-1422068905.jpg

Tim, Its great you posted the photo for comparison. Now we all know the difference.

Makes me wonder how then the aftermarket trim piece advertised as either coupe or fastback would fit properly without resulting in a poor fit ????