Sign in to follow this  
ardenq

Hello from Austin!

Hello everyone,

I joined this site because I'm looking for information about these cars. Currently I have a 70 Boss clone that I bought recently and tried to do some upgrades to. Unfortunately, that went a little sideways and after 1 step forward I took two steps back...

I recently found out; however, I'm going to be able to buy a car that's been in my family since the early 80's. It's a 70 Mach 1 in very nice shape. My uncle owns it and although he let me work on it, he vowed to never sell it. This car is the reason I got into the automotive industry and my wife worked feverishly behind my back to arrange it as a surprise.

I don't have any pictures of it, but it needs to be freshened up and updated. It's had very little use over the past 25 years and he drives it sparingly to shows. I'm going to put a list of objectives together and try and figure out the upgrades that NEED to be done, things I would like to do, and the some day list-- I may need your guys help. I've been apart of forums before so I've spent a lot of time reading and searching so I'll try not to rehash things extensively covered. I'm looking for more modern improvements, I looked at VMF but I'm not sure if everyone is on both sites or people are divided.

My name is Arden and I've only lived in the Austin area for a year. I moved here for work and haven't looked back. I started as a BMW tech in 2005 and worked my way through college so I didn't have to brake my back for the rest of my life. I'm now a field engineer for a competing high line automotive manufacture and can go back to enjoy working on cars as a hobby.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys, I can tell reading through the threads it's a real great bunch of guys here.

But we all known people don't read these things when they see all these words, so on with the picture:

This is the 70 boss clone I need to sell to get the dream machine.

Welcome. We have several folks here who are also on VMF but for specific '69/'70 info you could do a lot worse than to spend your time here. We may be a smaller select bunch but we all have the same great taste and range from Concours to Pro Touring.

Arden, welcome. Nice looking Boss clone you have there.

Thanks, I've always loved this body style. I'm going to have to sell it to finance the new one. For whatever reason these cars seem undervalued, now if it were a real boss...

Welcome to the site Arden! This forum is much friendlier than vmf. Your car looks to be in great condition. What issues do you have with it? Good luck with selling yours and buying your uncles Mach 1.

Edited by RPM

Welcome to the site Arden! This forum is much friendlier than vmf. Your car looks to be in great condition. What issues do you have with it? Good luck with selling yours and buying your uncles Mach 1.

Thanks!

I ended up making the trip right before Christmas. I was able to drive it a little bit.

The boss clone needs an engine after a 50 dollar eBay distributor ate my cam. I guess God old saying goes, you get what joy pay for!