Sign in to follow this  
69 red fastback

emergency flashers not working

Hard to tell what exactly has failed.

The emergency flashers work independently from the ignition switch. Always 'hot'.

It uses a separate flasher unit and circuit than the indicators, but the same wiring to the lamps.

Both flasher units for the indicators and the emergency flashers are behind the center lower dash. Should be in a pair of spring clips. The flasher units look like small cans.

Do your indicators still work? If so, you should be able to hear the flasher unit working. the other one is the emergency flasher!

Please check what is still working and we can go forward from there.

A quick check on the flasher unit is to plug in a "good" working flasher to the emergency flasher position. Your indicator flasher will do the job,( if it is working.)

Thanks for the replies

I have aready tried a new flasher and they still don't work, and yes I have tail and brake lights, everything else works except my flashers, so could it be something with the steering wheel?

Does your horn still work? and do the blinkers work individually? If the answer is no to both questions, then its a fuse. Check the fuse block for a blown fuse.