Sign in to follow this  
juit

holley runing rich all the time

Well i put the 58 jets and the carb is very responsive, burns tires at 3th gear im really digging it

1 thing i notice is the my vacum went up after taking the 64 jets

Is this normal? Also the idle had to lower it up cause i went to 1000 rpms

Havent hooked up the vac canister to the carb thats the only thing missing

Edited by juit

ok, good news, thats great.

the jets actually have absolutely 0 to do with your idle or vacuum at idle . . something got bumped or maybe your metering block gasket is leaking or if you took the carb off it may have a base gasket leak . . i would find the problem . . this is not a good thing.

ok, good news, thats great.

the jets actually have absolutely 0 to do with your idle or vacuum at idle . . something got bumped or maybe your metering block gasket is leaking or if you took the carb off it may have a base gasket leak . . i would find the problem . . this is not a good thing.

so i add just 6 of vac advance?

yes because i had you nearly max your initial and centrifugal timing so you need very little from the vac can.

hey, do i get some sort of endurance award like free cheesy poofs or a beautiful artisan crafted set of faux wood handled steak knives?

so i add just 6 of vac advance?

yes because i had you nearly max your initial and centrifugal timing so you need very little from the vac can.

hey, do i get some sort of endurance award like free cheesy poofs or a beautiful artisan crafted set of faux wood handled steak knives?

brace-yourselves-the-award-memes-are-coming.jpg

10fdd11858ade536a503b580502a460fa51b72b95ea226d9e8f0d35dd3e3f2af.jpg

brace-yourselves-the-award-memes-are-coming.jpg

10fdd11858ade536a503b580502a460fa51b72b95ea226d9e8f0d35dd3e3f2af.jpg

hey juit, what springs did you end up with and what was your timing curve with them.

there is one lite ford spring and one heavy ford spring which is loose on one end.

which of the ford springs did you replace?

what is your final timing curve?

hey juit, what springs did you end up with and what was your timing curve with them.

there is one lite ford spring and one heavy ford spring which is loose on one end.

which of the ford springs did you replace?

what is your final timing curve?

Mr gasket and heavy loose stock spring, i need to adjust the choke but its in the limit of adjustment, im thinking od drill a hole and do a force open choke plate adjustment screw , because in cold weather the choke plat is fully closed

Also im having hot start problems with 12 initial timing or i can get it to idlefor a few seconds

have you tried this plates?

http://www.thompsonperformance.com/shop_products.html

Edited by juit

Mr gasket and heavy loose stock spring, i need to adjust the choke but its in the limit of adjustment, im thinking od drill a hole and do a force open choke plate adjustment screw , because in cold weather the choke plat is fully closed

Also im having hot start problems with 12 initial timing or i can get it to idlefor a few seconds

have you tried this plates?

http://www.thompsonperformance.com/shop_products.html

what was the final timing curve?

it should not be hard to start with only 12 degrees so its the carb . . you did not have a problem starting with the other carb when hot . . set your gas level to just below the inspection holes when idling . . this should help . . if the carb is getting hot you may need a phenolic spacer.

never saw them but those carbs have a flat spot because they are not jetted properly. . it's a marketing trick, lol. i bet your other carb did not do that. they may do something but they also obstruct the air flow in the carb which is not good.

You should read on how to adjust the choke and choke pull-off before trying a make shift fix for the choke.

I don't think that plate from Thomas Performance is the answer to your flat spot. If there is a flat spot something is not tuned correctly. Your carb may just need a larger accelerator pump nozzle, or different accel pump cam, or both. Or the throttle plate position at idle is open too far. If the carb cannot be easily tuned to eliminate any flat spots, it's might be the wrong carb for the application. With all problems you have had with a lean running condition, if your car has a manual trans, a 600 CFM mechanical secondary (Double Pumper) might be a better carburetor choice.

Is the motor hard to crank with 12 deg. initial timing? I know on my 351W, 11 deg. initial is about my max. When hot with 12 deg. initial timing the cranking is a little more difficult even with a Permanent Magnet Starter and good AGM battery, so I leave it at 10 deg. BTDC.

Edited by 1969_Mach1