Sign in to follow this  
69volunteer

A-Pillar Gauge Pod

Has anyone used this? I would like to get an actual oil pressure and temp gauge in my car (for piece of mind).

I have a console and thought about making something out of fiberglass similar to the Shelby gauge pod at the ashtray but this would be easier.

It has a terrible review on the CJ site.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/catalogsearch/result/?product_applications_year=1969&q=gauge+pillar

Would this be a better option?

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=65044+01

Edited by 69volunteer

I looked at my console last night and I don't see how it will fit and still be able to use my heat/ac controls

Anybody have any good pics they can post?

Also what brand gauge set did you go with?

i don't have AC. not sure it matters. it's just the cheap holder posted below.

IMG_3154.jpg

How did your install go? I had the pillar pod installed and after the gauges were installed the pillar wouldn't fit flush against the A-pillar. It stuck out about 1/4 inch. I absolutely hated that and lived with it like that for about 2 years until I re-did the entire gauge pod and got rid of the pillar pod's all together.

Good luck.

i have the a-pillar gauge pod... yes its not OEM quality ... but it was the only A-pillar pod i could find. i dont have it 100% installed, but i have mounted my vacuum and air fuel ratio gauges in it...

it does not have a hole to mount at the base of the windshield, i had planned on drilling my own once i have it positioned like i want it.

with the gauges installed in the pod some of the weakness of the plastic goes away and the overall pod is more ridged... but the finished texture, and overall quality can be improved!

not a lot to tell by the pics.. but all i have at the moment...

i also have the ashtray mounted shelby style pod with AC... the AC controls are hard to get at but it does work.... its not perfect... i dont have the console installed at the moment to take pics.

we dont have a lot of options it seems... but the a-pillar unit can be painted to make the texture and quality look better..which is what i plan on doing... and if you like you can stiffen up the unit with some DIY reinforcements....

Thanks for all the replies

The a-pillars are $100 vs $27 for the console. The problem is I think my console is mounted too far forward as my ash tray wont open all the way--only about 45 deg.

Any thoughts on gauges that might be a close match to the stock?