Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

Need trunk lid MUSTANG measurements

Yes, Brian has been very helpful to me on several occasions.

It will be the stick on type.

Here's what I found thus far and need to know if it's right.

The "T" is in the center, measure all letters @ 4 13/16's center to center.

From the bottom it should be 1 7/8' and from the top 2 5/16's.

This is what I have. Going from left to righ on centers and measured from the trunk bottom edge up to the bottom of the letter where it meets the paint. I had a little problem a while back with this repro set. So I just put the OE letters back on. Going with the stick ems is probably a good idea. Brian

Thanks again Brian!!

Brian, what do you have for top and bottom measurements. 69 red fastback has 3 1/4 from top of trunk lid to top of letter. I found 2 5/16's. What do you have? Also from bottom to bottom of letter.

Thank you!

I got the rear section of the trunk lid painted to match the body color and I installed the trunk lettering.

The stick on letters work fine. What I learned from my experience is that the top edge of the trunk lid is bowed. I measured down from the top and marked the top spot for all letters, after installing them you can see looking sideways that the letters bow as well.

What you need to do is measure from the bottom to to bottom of the letter. The bottom of the trunk lid is straight.

For me it really doesn't bother me so I'll leave as is.

Here's a couple of pictures.

10-04-2014052_zpse77d2c00.jpg

10-04-2014039_zps43af24eb.jpg

det0326- Thanks for the compliment! We all been in your shoes, it took me about 4 years to get to this point and I couldn't of done it, if it wasn't for this site. I stopped by your build page, great work! Before you know it you'll be there too. My hardest decision was paint color and wheels.

Brian-It looks like we have the same bow. It looks good to me!

Thank you so much for your help, again!!!!!!!!! Much appreciated.

Just a little more info and a picture to share; In the photo using a piece of string for a straight line it is pretty east to see how many letters are not inline. The bottom of the letter ' M ' is 1 & 11/16 measured from the bottom up and the letter 'G ' measured from the bottom up is 1 & 5/8". Brian