Sign in to follow this  
bryonbush

two AODE trans!

So today i picked up two early 90's AODE transmissions. One has the starter position at the 9oclock and the other is at the 7ish. the one with the 9* starter location was rebuilt and when he went to put it in his mustang, the starter was in the wrong spot. Said the other one was no good so i took that too. got em for $150. not planning on doing anything with them till i get my new motor done but seemed like an ok deal.

now to start looking for all the parts to make it work. Suggestions?

"Early" '90's AODE's? AODE's weren't used in Mustangs until 1994. An "early" 1993 or older would be an AOD. I'm not sure you have what you think you have. I've seen a few AOD's, AODE's, and 4R70W's in my time (and have some around) but I don't recall seeing any with what I would call a starter at "9 o'clock". They are all at 7 o'clock. That I've personally seen anyway.

I would say post some pictures but I'm just curious as to what you have. It kind of matters a lot to you though and some of us can help you identify what you have. Or look at them really closely and compare them to pictures you search up.

In any case I'd like to know about the one with the 9 o'clock starter.

the pictures are huge and about to head out for the day. here's the lowdown. both have the numbers 3N on the tag on the side. on the top of the bell housing one says 31 and the other 68. in a smaller stamp in the middle top, one says 92 and the other 94. both have what looks like electric hook ups on the sides, but no wiring harnesses. ill get pics up as soon as i can but this should help out some. thanks for the help