Sign in to follow this  
chaosrob

Added power windows and took some pictures

In case anyone is thinking of adding power windows to their car I took pictures of my install to maybe help with details along the way. Some of these are overly simplistic pieces but I wanted to be as specific as I could, so please do not think I am trying to be condescending. I am not a professional and these are just some pics and notes from my install. Every picture has notations on it. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will help in any manner that I can

I used the nurelic kit and for the most part could not be happier. Here are the pics, enjoy or critique I am open to both.

dgtoNQt.jpg

BKCJ5WZ.jpg

LTyQWgI.jpg

1dt5g8S.jpg

ticM9ob.jpg

Edited by chaosrob

Thanks for taking the time to do the write-up. I like the kits with the window crank switch. Some power window kits I've seen the window goes up & down like a rocket, kinda nerve racking. The video helps to show that is not the case with this set up. Happy with the pricing ?

Stangnet, Thanks for the feedback. I researched a bit before I purchased it and although this was the more expensive kit it is also built like a tank. It is very controllable in it's descent, as you mentioned, and also very solid in the ascent. At this point I think the pricing is fair for what you get but I will check in periodically as it gets more use over time. I will daily drive this car all over the country for the next year or so, excluding winter, which is why I am modernizing it so much. I should be able to give solid feedback on the kits dependability over that period with much use.

Awesome write up... I have had this on my list of things to do for a long time. I have read he the NuRelic kit is the best out there for power windows.

Where did you connect into for your power source? did you run a extra relay/circuit? do you have a stock or upgraded alternator?

Edited by j69302

j69302,

Thank you very much for the feedback. The car is now efi, I have an upgraded alt and I have added multiple circuits to it. If the car was not efi I personally would run a fused link from the batter for the windows, but ymmv

Great job. I will be referring to this when it comes time to do this. I will be building doors from scratch using Dynacorn doors. I brought the Electric life set because they only sell the kit for bolt in glass and I committed to that a while back. I also have my original driver's side door that is still complete and not dis-assembled for reference. I also got the crank switches. Both of them were almost as much as the regulators.

Great job. I will be referring to this when it comes time to do this. I will be building doors from scratch using Dynacorn doors. I brought the Electric life set because they only sell the kit for bolt in glass and I committed to that a while back. I also have my original driver's side door that is still complete and not dis-assembled for reference. I also got the crank switches. Both of them were almost as much as the regulators.

I emailed Nurelic a while ago. They told me that their regulators work with both glue and bolt in glass. Even in the pictures posted, it says "69-70". 70s had the bolt in, 69's had the glue in.

I been wanting to do the bolt in conversion, is the bolt in glass better than the glue in?

Nice writeup, Thanks for doing it and taking the time to share it with us.

Agree.

Now that I have seen it done and how much it will cost, plus considering the 15 days a year that I actually drive my car, I have decided that rolling up my windows manually works just fine....LOL!

Excellent write up.

Is there a way to control the PSGR window from the driver's side?

American Express....don't leave home without it

Unless you drive with a stick beside you, none that I can think of. You can use a more updated switch system in your console with rocker switches if you so desire, I just decided to go for the more traditional route on this portion.

Agree.

Now that I have seen it done and how much it will cost, plus considering the 15 days a year that I actually drive my car, I have decided that rolling up my windows manually works just fine....LOL!

I believe for 15 days a year I would have stayed stock as well

I been wanting to do the bolt in conversion, is the bolt in glass better than the glue in?

Bad glue from the Sixties made the '70 bolt in glass the way to go. But now there is better glue if you want to keep it like it was.