Sign in to follow this  
alex

mirror remote mounting hole

I am trying to determine what hole the mirror remote will go through to and be mounted to the door panel and cannot find a definitive answer. Looking at the attached image to this post, I would say the top round hole almost directly above window crank. Correct??

My car is a 1969.

I have the standard door panels which, as I understand it, means a remote with a straight shaft is used with the shaft protruding from the panel at a right angle. Is this assumption correct? The 1970 version was the 90 degree shaft, correct?

I have a 69 with standard door panels. Straight shaft is correct but the bezel mounts to the door panel so that the knob is more like 45 deg. 90 deg would mean that the knob is perpendicular to the plane of the door panel.

Here is a link to the bezel

http://www.cjponyparts.com/interior-remote-mirror-bezel-1969/p/ME2B/

Original factory standard interior door panels had perferations in the masonite backing for where the remote bezel mounts. Cut along the perferations, cut the vinyl, and install the bezel.

I would think the aftermarket replacement panels would have this too.

Doug

This is starting to make sense now.

The deluxe door panel (http://www.cjponyparts.com/door-panel-deluxe-interior-pair-1969/p/DPD3-V/) obviously does have a cutout for the mirror remote bezel. My standard door panels (http://www.cjponyparts.com/door-panel-standard-pair-1969/p/DPS5-V/) do not have an obvious cutout for the bezel as you can see in the attached picture. Is there a way to accurately position the bezel in a standard panel without the perforations?

Original factory standard interior door panels had perferations in the masonite backing for where the remote bezel mounts. Cut along the perferations, cut the vinyl, and install the bezel.

I would think the aftermarket replacement panels would have this too.

My re-pops didn't have the perforations, I used the OEM panel I was removing as a template to cut the hole. I can get pics and measurements off my car later tonight if that would help.

My re-pops didn't have the perforations, I used the OEM panel I was removing as a template to cut the hole. I can get pics and measurements off my car later tonight if that would help.

My repops seemed to have a perforation for the bezel but it was not exact. Maybe it was for something else. I did the same thing and used my old panel for a template. Still needed some trimming after that. I wish I still had my old panel to send you.

Good luck!

Here are some pics of my standard interior with mirror and the OEM factory panel I removed with measurements. Hope it helps.

[edit] Ignore the one with measurements, I made a mistake. See my next post.

Edited by 69RavenConv
Bad upload

Great pictures. Thanks! Just need to order the bezel now.

You're welcome. I'm glad you asked about this topic because it made me document the measurements before the old panels get thrown out and lost forever.