Sign in to follow this  
Tony Coupe-r

1969 Grande Hood Scoop Turn Signal

Guys,

I know this subject (in general) has been beat to the ground, however I haven't been able to find anything specific to the Grande.

Looking at the manuals (Osborn, etc) all references to the hood scoop wiring

caveat with "Except models 65e"... true enough, on mine where the wiper motor wiring exits the firewall, the wiring seems to have extra plugs, which I suspect are for the hood scoop signals. This is different than the "normal" method that has them plugged into the front turn signals and a separate wiring tail run towards the back of the engine bay. If the extra plugs aren't for the turn signals, can someone enlighten me as to what they are?

Thanks-

Hood Scoop only came on Mach 1, GT, and Sports Appearance (hood scoop & racing mirror combo) option and I'm 99% sure you could not get the Sports Appearance on a Grande' from the factory (for one thing, racing mirrors were already std. on a Grande' ... IIRC).

How about a picture of this wiring in question ??

Doug

Hood Scoop only came on Mach 1, GT, and Sports Appearance (hood scoop & racing mirror combo) option and I'm 99% sure you could not get the Sports Appearance on a Grande' from the factory (for one thing, racing mirrors were already std. on a Grande' ... IIRC).

Doug

Interestingly, I have the Marti for a standard coupe that has the Sports Appearance group and "color keyed racing mirrors" and they are listed on the Marti as separate options. I assumed from this the sport mirrors were not part of the SA package. The car did have a tape stripe and the hood scoop.

Boy Jim that is interesting !!

I don't believe there was any official literature showing the S-A-G, so everything I've ever heard about it was from reading or word-of mouth and it was always my understanding that it was the scoop & mirrors.

Seen it on a few window stickers over the years and I've got it hand written in my Accessory Price List that it was a $55.00 option. I question that though as nothing else in the option P-L is a nice round number like that.

MSRP on Racing Mirrors alone should be $19.48, what does your window sticker / Marti report say as far as mirrors & SAG prices ??

Doug