Sign in to follow this  
Glenn83

Front end strengthening

Are or did you remove your shock towers to install an aftermarket front end system?

I am in the process of stiffing up the front end (and everything else) on my '70, but using http://www.sn65.com/Chassis%20Design%20101.htm as a reference. Rich has a bunch of great products and is another builder who uses the parts his company manufactures. I have never seen this particular brace, but I would hope there is something to attach the main brace to other than the firewall.

How modified is your car going to be? And what are you going to use the car for?

I have done a couple of cars where I install the convertible bracing in a coupe. I like it because it's stealth and doesn't hang down like,other frame connectors.

Pick up a copy of the ford trans am suspension modification guide. The information in that manual comes from ford and the engineers that designed the mustang chassis. Many of the modifications or at least the basis of the SN95 modifications are based on the ford engineers. If,you don't want to go that far you can always add just the torque boxes and not the inner rockers, you have to remember that ford added the torque boxes to many of the big block coupes and fastbacks so they knew it was needed.

In the chassis manual they show to weld,up the towers and to add a triangular plate to the towers to reduce flex. I have done that to several cars and it works great

Bob