Thanks for the comments on the rims. They are 17" rims from a 97 GT Mustang. I really like them.

I get out into the garage every once in a while (got 45 minutes this weekend). The picture is from a couple months prior to Hurricane Katrina visiting where I was living. Five feet of water into my garage... At least now I can fix the problems I had when it ran.... ;-) The only major work that has been accomplished since Katrina was replacing the floors and taillight panel, both of which still need more work. :(

Since yours is an early 69, I think the engine block would probably have a C8 casting/engineering number with probably an August or September casting date. Just guesses. The differential should be similar (C8 casting/engineering numbers). It might have C9 as they were going into 69 model year vehicles. Good luck finding the numbers and I hope they are at least correct for the car, if not matching.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. The diff is out of the car as of Monday morning. The thing is going to get a good cleaning. Both axle seals and the pinion seal seem to be seeping. My motor guy (a drag racer) knows his way around 9" Fords and is going to give it a thorough once over. When I take it to him I hope I can inspect the motor for it's numbers. Dave.

Almost there. This was 2 weeks ago after having the tires and wheels installed. Please forgive the finger across the top.post-39150-0-77780400-1428629923.jpgpost-39150-0-26826300-1428630020.jpg

Very overcast day so the color doesn't pop the way it does in bright sunlight. We haven't had much of that in the Cincinnati area lately.  Dave R.

That is a sweet looking car! How long ago did you buy it? I remember being a Freddy's shop--if you could even call it that, I felt like I was in little Havana in Miami--several years ago and looking at a red 69 mach1 he had parked over in one of his side buildings. The car had some kind of history that sounded similar to what you described in your first post. Probably not the same car.

That guy is a snake oil salesman. I try to steer people clear of him but looks like you got a sweet ride!

Thanks for the compliments guys. I bought the car in the Fall of 2001. 69 volunteer, when were you at Freddie's? Did he take you to the storage lot he has about 4 blocks from his 'office'? There is more to the story about the car. Had to do with Freddie's friend, the guy I bought the car from, trying to screw a buyer in Michigan by swapping out the engine, trans and diff. before the car went to the new owner. Lawsuit was filed. The guy in Michigan, a lawyer, smelled a rat after taking delivery and I guess it ended badly for Freddie's buddy. Freddie was just the go-between for my purchase of the car. The car is a Dearborn R code with a toploader and 9" big spline 3.50 open rear end. Tags are missing but Marti agrees with what I have. I think the diff is original. Trans IS original as it has a partial vin stamped on the top flange of the case. Freddie's buddy swapped all of the good parts back into the car after the lawsuit. I am unsure about the engine being correct. Still working on that. The interior is dark red and all of the soft parts and some hard parts has been replaced. Hope to get the car home next week Thanks again for your interest. Dave R.