Sign in to follow this  
el70gato

Vin Tag Question

go here....http://www.datatags.com. He can do reversed stamping or indent stamping. He may say he doesn't make tags for 1969 mustangs anymore but tell him I sent you and tell him to look up my email address (dsfodor@yahoo.com).

Dave

The only correct solution to your problem is having a state issued VIN put on your car by either your DMV or the proper state law enforcement agency where you are at. As Midlife pointed out, it's a major no no to mess with a VIN tag no matter what your intent is. Owners of two very valuable muscle cars (vintage Shelby and a big block Camaro) near me found this out a few years back when they did as has been suggested to you. They both had their cars seized for lengthy periods while law enforcement investigated to see if they were stolen or had their identities switched with other cars. Both cars were eventually returned to the owners, with state issued VIN tags. And after both owners paid large towing, storage and legal fees.

Contact someone at your DMV. It's not a big deal to get the state VIN tag. Someone on here did it not long ago and found out it was pretty painless.

ok......let me add on to this subject. The website I provided is for people who need a replacement VIN tag and can provide proof of ownership. You CANNOT get a tag made for a vehicle just because your inner fender aprons are stamped with a valuable number. So to be clear.... the site I provided is for people who have a mangled or missing tag of a vehicle that has clear proof of ownership.