Sign in to follow this  
69Midd4Stang

69 Convertible S Code Badge Question

First time posting (ever)

Recently acquired a 69 S Code 4 Speed Convertible. Starting down the road to bringing the car back to the original Marti Report condition. The car has 390 badges located on the front fenders just below the scripted Mustang emblem. Discussing them with some of my local Mustang friends and there is confusion as to authenticity of these badges. Most feel they are an add on after the fact and thus not correct to the car. I have found the same 390 badges on the original 1969 Mustang Marketing Magazine but have not found them anywhere else. I did find that another forum member did post a 1969 Blue GT S Code with the same fender badges as my car has. I am seeking assistance to determine if these emblems are accurate to the car, is anyone reproducing them, or can they be brought back to new condition, any other history on them.

Thank you

I believe that H-code (351) and S-code (390) cars that did not have a hood scoop got the fender badges. Cars with a hood scoop got a badge on the scoop. Fender badges are slanted, scoop badges are rectangular. There were no fender badges on sixes, 302's or 428's. I'm sure others will chime in if I'm wrong.

Thank you all for the feedback! The 351 and 390 are the two engine sizes that are shown with badges in the 1969 Ford Mustang Promotional Document. Neither vehicle was shown with the a hood scoop. I also found the 351 badge shown with a part number in the "1969 Ford Autolite Body and Collision Parts Catalogue". My car does not have a hood scoop and thus does have the 390 slanted badge red background with silver numbers (faded a touch at this point). I will load a image once I figure out that process (newbie here as well). Has anyone ever stumbled across a reproduction or OEM of the 390 badges?