Sign in to follow this  
Chelby-Ann

Upper Dash Help

I am finally getting around to installing my new upper dash pad in my '69 Coupe. I purchased Year One Ford tooling original dash that was exactly the same as what was in it. I installed the new dual Kenwood speakers and was looking at the center vent assembly that was original to the car. I took good pictures when taking the car apart and see that the black plastic extension from the vent attached to nothing. The car did not come with A/C so I am not sure if I am missing parts that connects this to the heater box for air. I don't see any extra openings from the heater box to connect this to.

What's up with this? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Power Vent is a pretty rare option so if there is no other hints of it being power vent originally (heater controls also don't have a "power vent" setting) ...

I'd be willing to bet a previous owner swapped in a used A/C car dash pad because it was available and in nicer shape than the original.

Doug

Well now that certainly answers alot of questions and tells me that the dash had to be replaced at some time and the first dash that they came across was the A/C Dash and used that one. Not interested in returning this one I have back to Year One and my wife says that maybe later on, I can add A/C to the car and she might be right. Or if i ever come across a POWER VENT set up, I could install that rare option. Either way the new dash looks awesome in the car. Thanks for the help wit this one.