Sign in to follow this  
jmilchling

My 69 Sportsroof Project Car/Intro

Hello All,

My name is Joe Milchling. I thought that I would introduce myself and post a few pics of my project. I'm a Controller for a Forklift Dealership South Jersey. I am a huge car guy and work on my own stuff.

My project:

bought this 69 fastback as a roller with a 351C and a 4 speed toploader. It has both new full quarters and floors and has been painted with viper blue base/clear by previous owner 13 years ago, so I was told...but it has been in the garage, and the body is in great shape, atleast that I can tell. Interior is in great shape. Car was originally a 302 4 speed car.

Work that I have done since spring:

Built a roller 302 from it, edelbrock performer, 600cfm, and a ford racing e-cam. new hedmen long tubes ceramic headers,old style distributor with pertronix, correct water pump...new clutch, etc. Pulled front end to patch a few spots on fender rail, door panel work. and put on 96 gt rims temporarily.

Hoping to get the car driving by the spring time, and continue to work on it after and probably a repaint and change hood back to stock.

Joe

Welcome to the site Joe. Lotta nice cars and folks here. But before we give you the secret hand shake, we just HAVE to see more pics of your car :) Your avatar pic won't be enough.

Bob

thanks guys!

yea i am trying to figure out how to post pics...lol

Chuck,

I actually saw your car on Google with the 17" wheels and thought they would look good and are a cheaper solution that torque thrusts or mag 500s...

my car was originally silver jade, and i would love to get back to that!

the owner before me was trying to make a race car i guess, luckily i bought it before it was hacked up.....

thanks guys!

yea i am trying to figure out how to post pics...lol

Welcome to the site. I used to be photo posting challenged. The easiest way for me to do it is from a photo hosting site, I use photo bucket. On the selected photo you want to post, highlite the IMG link and copy it,

Screenshot_2014-01-24-20-42-47_zps62d78e4f.png

then paste it in the area of your post you want the pic to appear. Purdy simple. Or you can use the Manage Attachments window in the Additional Options section below.

Btw, those two in the pic are the shop foreman and supervisor.

Bob

Edited by RPM

Joe,

I was like Bob, photo posting challenged too. It is very easy to do from photobucket. If I can figure it out, any one can. This old fart is not good at learning new things.

Mike.

let me know if you guys have any cosmetic ideas for me....im not a fan of the stripes or the whole in the hood for the fly catcher...i want something that looks more original but i would like to try and save the paint for now, siince its in great shape. I bought a mach 1 hood scoup hoping to cover up whole, but its a little too big...

what if I painted stripes black, and removed spoiler and painted side vents matching blue....or i wonder if the stripes could be removed and then blend the paint?

any thoughts..thanks for the photobucket tip!

Joe