Sign in to follow this  
Rcodenewf

Lower door hinge rollers

Just overhauling a set of 70 hinges and noticed that the lower 'spur' wheels are worn and pushed to one side. Is there anyone out there reproducing these rollers? These are 'staked' in place so not sure how a repo one would be installed.

MustangSteve has a pin set available that is greasable but that's not the problem in this instance. I already have pins and bronze bushings.

I know new complete hinges are available but i always like to repair the originals as much as i can.

Thanks....

Just overhauling a set of 70 hinges and noticed that the lower 'spur' wheels are worn and pushed to one side. Is there anyone out there reproducing these rollers? These are 'staked' in place so not sure how a repo one would be installed.

MustangSteve has a pin set available that is greasable but that's not the problem in this instance. I already have pins and bronze bushings.

I know new complete hinges are available but i always like to repair the originals as much as i can.

Thanks....

I needed one of those also but never found just the wheel had to buy a used hinge.

Dave

I would just get some replacement hinges.

Find used ones that have the parts you need and mix and match with new bushings to get a good set together

I think I have some used ones if anyone needs

Bob

Just ordered a new set and i'll hold onto the old ones for some modifying down the road when i have spare time.

John

Not trying to be a smart A$$ but you need to hang on to the old ones to probably repair the repo's. I ordered the repo's for mine had to return r/h upper and l/h lower the replacements I received where no better. Finally just fixed them with parts from old hinges. Hope you have better luck than I did. These were Dynacorn too. Sometimes I think they send there rejects and keep the good ones for their body shells they sell.

Dave