Sign in to follow this  
cobra3073

BFG G-Force TA KDW 245/45ZR17

I've ordered four (4) American Racing Magnum 500 17 X 8 wheels for my '69 Mach 1 and am now considering the BF Goodrich KDW 245/45ZR17 tires.

Does any of you have experience with them on our cars?

I would appreciate any inputs.

Thanks!

BT

mustangstofear-Since you run those all the time and it seems that they are becoming popular here, I wonder if you can pull a few strings with the vendor, since you have a better relationship then us and see if there can be a group rate for 69Stang members.

Sorry I don't, but would love to see pictures asap once they are mounted.

I'm having a hard time between 15 or 17's.

The wheels are a "Custom" order so it might be a couple of weeks before I receive them. It will also be several months before I actually put them on the car as the car is under construction.

...just trying to line everything up.

I, too, was torn between the 15s and 17s inch wheels.

BT

mustangstofear-Since you run those all the time and it seems that they are becoming popular here, I wonder if you can pull a few strings with the vendor, since you have a better relationship then us and see if there can be a group rate for 69Stang members.

Checked out your albums, that's one nice mustang. Really like that color is it a maroon ? Just wondering because I am leaning toward this shade for mine but I could only hope that mine turns out this good.

Dave

Stay away from the 17" if you can....

There is a much wider selection of 18" out there.

I Did find out that anything that will go under the ass end of a 1995 Mustang will likley go under Our 69s.

My friend has his 95 over and im wrenching on it, and he asked me to get him some new tires and he would pay for them when he picked the car up....so I got him some 275/35/17's ...His wheels are 10.5" in the rear and I decided I wanted to see if they would fit....didnt think they would ...but Lo and behold ..they fit with plenty of room on the insides and very close on the outside...Could easily go with a 10" wheel or adjust the BS a little bit....

I know Street King has monsters under his car but the 275/35/17's are a pretty easy option for sure.

Firestone could not get a 285, or 295, but could get a 315 which I know would have fit the 95 but thats wide lol.

I have done quite a bit of research and determined that the best option (at least for me) considering I want to run the same size at all four corners will be the 17" wheels.

I am not necessarily trying to get the absolute widest tire that I can get under it. This is going to be primarily a daily (or weekend) driver as I have a couple of other Mustangs for the "radical" stuff.

BT

I buy them from our local Ford dealer, and get a better price than the tire stores.

Why not staggered wheel size Say an 8" rim up front and a 9 to 9.5 in rear.

I recently learned that a 10.5" rim is pretty damn big...big enough so that a 275/45/17 tire still leaves a little bit of rim poking out past the side walleven with the rim protector lip made into the tire

Why not staggered wheel size Say an 8" rim up front and a 9 to 9.5 in rear.

I recently learned that a 10.5" rim is pretty damn big...big enough so that a 275/45/17 tire still leaves a little bit of rim poking out past the side walleven with the rim protector lip made into the tire

Again, I am going to use the same size rims and tires on all four corners. As a daily or weekend driver, this is the better approach for my needs.

BT